Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: spouse visa  (Read 1935 times)

• Liked: 0
spouse visa
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:32:39 PM »
hi my name is ginny and im so lost and want to go home to my husband, i came back to america on the 17th of august did my bio metrics on the 19th of august, sent my spouse visa application ups to the los angeles embassy and it was recieved and signed for in reception on august 21st it has been almost a month i have no email conformation that it has even been opened and im beginning to get worried i fell horribble and i just want to go home to my husband so if anyone can offer any kind of advice it would be so much appreciated i know these questions are asked over and over again but i have never felt so lost in my life and really this is all new to me and my husband philip and we miss and love eachother dearly and maybe if someone could as i said offer any kind of advice it would be great...

kind regards

ginny roebuck
met october 2007
met again october 2008-aug 2009
married april 4 2009
application recieved at embassy aug 21 2009

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:03:59 PM »
I wouldn't worry, it's unlikely that anything has happened to your application, you're still well within normal processing times.  Since you didn't use an expediter then your application could take up to 50 working days to process.  Also, the consulates don't always send e-mails when they open applications.  I know waiting is hard, especially when you don't know what's going on,  but try not to worry too much.  Nearly all spousal visa applications from the US are approved, and the ones that aren't are nearly always fixable.  So your chances of being refused are very slim indeed.  The best thing you can do is try to relax and enjoy your last days in the US.  Visit your family and friends, go to places you love, do things you'll miss and eat lots of Mexican food.  You'll be in the UK before you know it  ;).
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »
Ginny I wouldn't worry too much...lots of people never get a confirmation email.  Also keep in mind that the LA Consulate average processing time was around 60 days.  Plus they were closed for 4 days last week/this week so they are probably a little more backed up than normal this month.  Did you send your package with a tracking number so you can at least confirm that it has been delivered to the consulate? 

Even though you've already sent your application, you might be able to hire an expeditor who can go and pull your application to be processed faster.  I know someone on this forum just did that.  An expeditor is around $100-$150.  Usually if your application is handed in by an expeditor it will be processed with a few days (as opposed to the 60 day average).

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
Ginny...please don't be too worried that you didn't get an email, some people never do. Especially with LA.

Also, I know a couple of the ladies here have quoted 50 & 60 business days to you but be aware it could take up to 90 business days as the current statistics for settlement applications for Los Angeles show.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:42:35 PM »
thank you all very much for your emails made me feel a bit better its just so hard to be so far away from your husband and not only that i guess i feel as if my life is in the balance of a person whom i dont know im just worried i do that best my husband consuls me and tell me not to but i just cant stop, so some people never get confirmation does anyone know how that works and can anyone suggest and good expitditor to me please because im completely lost and i dont know where to start but yes i do have a tracking number for i sent it ups and it was recieved most for sure and signed for on the 21st of august again thank you all so very much you have made me feel a bit better :)
met october 2007
married april 4 2009

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 01:32:53 AM »
Ginny,
I understand what you are going through! I am waiting for my visa to go home to my husband as well.
 I tried to hire an expediter last week to re-submit my case, but when they went to the LA consulate, they said my package had already been opened, now it was just a waiting time for processing.
As of September 17th, ALL packages received before the 16th of September have been opened and are being processed, by order of arrival date. Keep in mind they will process all courier-received packages first and then by date of receipt, but you should be hearing from them soon (and hopefully in the form of approval!). Because of their computer systems being down for 4 days plus the august backlog for student visas, they had not emailed anyone about the opening of packages and apparently they forget to email approval as well. 
So don't worry you will probably be notified soon!
-Danielle
LLR Oct 2009, ILR Nov 2011, Citizen June 2013
DH's Greencard May 2013- back in the USA Aug 2013!

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:47:19 AM »
The LA consulate just had an ECO 'superstar' temporarily sent in to help with the backlog.  She's arguably the best ECO in North America at the moment and she's probably signing off on your application right now!   Hopefully you will get an email tomorrow!

dependancy visa
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:16:02 PM »
question i have my spouse visa and i have a 14 yearold daughter i need to know how i go about applying for her a visa as welll she is in the uk with me now but will be returning home to america on saturday she was residing with my mom but my dad took ill and passed away and my mom can no longer care for her so i need advice yet again from someone please help and do i have to apply back in america or can i apply here in the uk

kind regards
ginny roebuck
met october 2007
married april 4 2009

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »
You'll have to apply from the US for your daughters visa. So gather all your information and documents before you leave the UK that way using an expediter you can get it done in a couple of weeks.

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »
yes but im not going back to america with her can i do her visa while she is there on her own for i have to work and we have just moved house so we are trying to keep our finances in order so if im applying for her visa and she is in america and im in the uk im confused as to how that will work as far as her bios go and do i need to send my husbands information as well i used and expiditor for mine so im thinking about using the same expiditor for her thankyou

ginny roebuck
met october 2007
married april 4 2009

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 03:45:39 PM »
You can do the application online from the UK, however she must attend her biometrics appointment in the US and then all the documents including the biometrics sheet and relevant passports must be sent as well. You would need to complete the application in her name and using her address in the US.

Your husband is her sponsor not you so you would need to send all the information that you sent for your spouse visa just updated. However all your combined financial information (bank statements and wage slips for both covering the last 3 months) would need to be sent. You also need to make sure that you have permission from her father or sole legal and physical custody in order to get the visa.

Depending on what state your daughter lives in (if it was different from where you applied for your visa) that will determine which Consulate is assigned to process her visa so you may not be able to use the same expediter.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab