Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: British Security Clearance  (Read 965 times)

• Liked: 0
British Security Clearance
« on: July 23, 2004, 01:28:56 PM »
Hello!   

I've been offered a position working on a Military Satellite Communication Project pending security clearance.   Has anyone  had security clearance before over here?   How long had you been in the country when you received it?

I'm just asking because I technically have only been in the country since January and I just think I'm not going to be able to get the clearance. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Maureen

• Liked: 2
Re: British Security Clearance
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 11:07:26 PM »
I don't think it has to do with how long you've been here unless it said that in the job ad, they will mostl ikely check with international agencies and US agencies such as CIA and FBI. Anyone who works for any government agency here has to have it done.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 06:11:18 AM »
Hi Britwife,

Thanks for your help!! I guess what made me think about the whole thing is that they mentioned it was helpful that my husband is in the Royal Navy which to me doesn't make much sense...

But well we shall see this week whether I cleared! For now we're off to Dubai this afternoon. 

Thanks for your help....

Maureen

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 07:55:34 AM »
Hope you have a lovely holiday!  :)

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 08:19:39 AM »
Hi Broxi,

Thank you so much!! I'm sure we will, it's basically our last time together before he ships off for 6 months. So it will be nice to have a ful week without disturbances and just to have eachother to enjoy.

Not to mention guaranteed sunshine and warmth for a full week!!

Thanks again!

Maureen

Sponsored Links