Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UKY Ramblers  (Read 20847 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: UKY Ramblers
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
What part did you do? 

Has anyone done any part of the Kungsleden in Sweden, or know anyone who has?  I'm looking for info on the huts.  There is only one book published in English on it and it doesn't mention much about them and not many of the websites do either.

« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »
I really hope the weather next weekend is like yesterday. I'd love to do a walk with a pub lunch break on Sunday. Something like this appeals:

http://www.walkingenglishman.com/leedsharrogate16.htm

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
I really hope the weather next weekend is like yesterday. I'd love to do a walk with a pub lunch break on Sunday. Something like this appeals:

http://www.walkingenglishman.com/leedsharrogate16.htm
Did you get to do your walk on Sunday?

I did a walk on Sunday up in the Dales again.  Another walk in a close by location to my previous walk, but there were some different bits and it showed me how all the little bits fit together is I wanted to do a super-duper walk and combine them.

We went (it was a group walk led by two nice ladies from the Yorkshire Dales National Park) from Grassington to Linton, Hebden, Thorpe.  We didn't get rained on too much and it was nice to go with a group for a change.
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »
No, I did not.  :(

But hoping to do lots of city walking on hols in a few days, motivated by late afternoon massages.  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

Sounds like you have been getting lots in lately. Nice to try something different also!  [smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »
I'll admit I haven't been as inspired to ramble lately with the never-ending rainy days.  :(  I've done a few nice level 5/6 mile canal walks with my friends and a lovely short ramble around Castle Coombe with my family for Father's Day.  But otherwise I've been pretty sedentary.
doing laundry

« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2012, 12:00:02 PM »
Those photos are beautiful!

Is it easy to find local walking paths/trails? Are there good websites for that? I'd love to start doing that after the move.

The main organisation in the UK for walkers is the Rambers' Assocation, www.ramblers.org.uk.

The Association works closely with a travel co-operative called HF Holidays (www.hfholidays.co.uk). At the moment, members of HF Holidays get free membership to the Ramblers' Association and Ramblers get a discount on HF Holidays.

Anyone who wants to try HF Holidays and would like a discount as a new client can contact me for details. The company celebrates its Centenary next year so there'll be lots of special walking events.

« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2013, 06:53:26 AM »
Yesterday the weather was *amazing*!  Hubby had to work so I took the 'special' bus up to the Dales.  This time I took it *all* the way up to the last stop, Hawes.  I love Hawes!  I did a short walk (my first solo walk in this area), only about 2 hours worth (4 miles or so) around Hawes and Sedbusk.  I made three new friends on the bus and ended up walking the last third of the walk with a retired couple and their dog.  It was a fantastic day!
Married October 2007

« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2013, 07:27:20 AM »
Took the bus up to the Dales again yesterday and did a familiar 7 mile walk around Grassington, Linton, Thorpe, and Burnsall Bridge.  It was much sunnier than I expected (the day started out overcast and drizzly but turned warm and mostly sunny).  It was beautiful!
Married October 2007

« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
We did a 2 week, 1,500 mile trip around the National Parks in the US.  We hit Golden Spike, Craters of the Moon, The Tetons, Yellowstone, Fossil Butte, Dinosaur and Timpanogos Caves. 

Lots of hiking, walking and animals, but no grizzlies close up. :-)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2013, 08:38:46 AM »
We did a 2 week, 1,500 mile trip around the National Parks in the US.  We hit Golden Spike, Craters of the Moon, The Tetons, Yellowstone, Fossil Butte, Dinosaur and Timpanogos Caves. 

Lots of hiking, walking and animals, but no grizzlies close up. :-)

Wow! That sounds awesome. And very hard!!!!!!! ! 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »
We did little hikes, mainly because anything more than five miles in Yellowstone comes with a grizzly warning and I WAS NOT buying two cans of bear spray for 70.00 each.  I mean rilly!

Craters doesn't have many hikes you can do because the lava is so fragile.  I think for hikes Grand Tetons were the best.  Less bear worries, easy access to a lot of really scenic views and much better food.  Yellowstone has pretty boring concessions. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab