Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Round two of stress (support income question)  (Read 1501 times)

• Out of Dodge
  • Liked: 1
Re: Round two of stress (support income question)
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 01:21:13 AM »
Well, sourced it out. Ealing may just be greedy bastards! No other borough sites I've looked at mention this...

Quote from their website:
"The Notice of Marriage must state the venue where the marriage will take place. Do not arrange to give your notice if you have not decided on the venue. The notice is not transferable to another venue so, should you change your mind, this would require a new notice and an additional fee."

There ya go. So I suppose the above means that if we decide to change the venue, we have to give another notice to our borough. It may just be cheaper in the long run coz then I can just get the spouse in the states instead of getting one then the other.
"I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 11:27:16 AM »
That's weird. Jamie and I just gave our notice this morning and while we have pretty much decided on the venue, we haven't made an appointment or anything there yet and the guy just smiled and said it wasn't a problem and that he would just send the paperwork ahead anyway and then marked "TBD" in the marriage date field. It's probably to do with the fact that the register office where you give notice sends a copy of the paperwork to the venue you're going to marry at. But you still are responsible for getting the final permission to marry to that venue on your own.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2004, 05:55:30 PM »
We visited the Reading register office first because we did not know we had to register in Wokingh am.  The Reading office told us they could "pencil" in the date but that we would have to register at Wokingham.  In the Wokingham office she told us she was not supposed to register people for the Reading office unless they had already settled a date at the Reading office.  We explained to her that the Reading office would not finalize anything until we had registered in Wokinham.  It seemed like a catch 22 kind of thing.  Anyway, she went ahead with the paperwork with the promise from us that we would finalize the date with Reading the very next day and call her.  That is what we did.

We have to pick up our papers tomorrow and take them to Reading ourselves.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 08:45:05 PM »
We registered here in Medway where we live.  Then after the 14-16 days of the notice being posted was up, we took our "permission slip" from the Medway Registrar to the Gravesham Registrar, because we were getting married in that district - not at the Registrar's office, but at an Inn we had stayed at the year before.  I can't remember if we'd already booked the venue or not at that point - I think so.  Everything was done so quickly (less than 3 months) and I made SO MANY phone calls that it's all kind of a blur... :-\\\\
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab