Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors  (Read 39391 times)

ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »
Lately we have had a few people report errors on their visas and panic as to what to do.

So this is just a reminder as to what you need to look for on your visa vignettes and what you need to do when you find an error.

Spelling errors, incorrect validity dates, incorrect visa types (IE, issued a 27 month spousal visa vs the 6 month fiance(e) visa you applied for), wrong dependent visas (if your visa is LLE and your child's is ILE) all these need to be addressed through the Consulate you applied through. You will need to send an Email to the Entry Clearance Manager at the specific Consulate to see what action (if any) needs to be taken.

In most cases it is as simple as over nighting your passport(s) to the relevant Consulate for the corrected visa vignette to be inserted and then they will overnight it back to you. It is important to have the correct visa in your passport before you try to enter the UK as it could cause problems with the IO and, if not then, when you attempt to apply for future visas.

The Emails for each Consulate are as follows and you should address it to the Entry Clearance Manager:

LA: complaintslavisa@fco.gov.uk 
Chicago: zzvisacomplaints@fco.gov.uk 
NY: Visa_ComplaintsNY@fco.gov.uk

These are the complaints emails for each Consulate and they seem to have the most immediate response to queries.

JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU SHOULD NOT BOOK ANY TRAVEL UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO INSPECT YOUR ACTUAL VISA IN ORDER TO ALLOW THE CONSULATE THE TIME TO ADDRESS ANY POTENTIAL ERRORS.

Re: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »
Just moving this back to the front so all the new visa recipients can be aware.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:31:14 PM »
Just moving this back to the front so all the new visa recipients can be aware.

Thanks, WebyJ. Great looking out.

• Adventures in England
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »
I have a question and am wondering if I should bother contacting the Consulate.  I received my visa and all the information is correct on it, but it doesn't quite line up with the form, for example it looks a bit like this:

Place of Issue:
Number of Entries:  Chicago
Type:                   Mult
                           Marriage/

Everything is just moved down a line on the form, I'm guessing this is just how it was printed, like I said the information is all correct.  I just don't want it to be a problem at customs....
www.mylifeismediocre.wordpress.com
*ILR Granted!*

ILR Granted-23/02/2013

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:54:23 PM »
If the information itself is correct there shouldn't be an issue.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 01:58:39 AM »
I have a question and am wondering if I should bother contacting the Consulate.  I received my visa and all the information is correct on it, but it doesn't quite line up with the form, for example it looks a bit like this:

Place of Issue:
Number of Entries:  Chicago
Type:                   Mult
                           Marriage/

Everything is just moved down a line on the form, I'm guessing this is just how it was printed, like I said the information is all correct.  I just don't want it to be a problem at customs....

Mine was issued by the New York consulate recently. It too, had everything spaced a little incorrectly, like ~1.5 lines down from where it "should" be. I figured it would be just fine, let us know if any problems come up, Mandaree! Thanks :)
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 03:35:47 AM »
Yeah, a lot of my information isn't in the right place either...however, the information itself is correct. I just assumed it wouldn't be an issue.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
I just got my visa today.

On my application, for the date I wish to travel to the UK, I put "15 Oct 2010"  

The original plan was to move 06 Nov, but there is a possibility I might be moving at the end of Oct depending on a job I'm pursuing and if they need me to start Nov or Dec.  But no matter what, I won't be moving earlier than 15 Oct nor any later than 06 Nov.

On the visa, it says valid from "13/08/10" and valid until "13/11/12"

Even with the incorrect "valid from" date, I would still be entering the UK within 3 months, no earlier than 15 Oct anyway, so would this still be an issue I should report to the Consulate for correction?

EDIT:  Starting rambling a bit...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:56:51 AM by Aquila »

• Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 02:32:46 AM »
The 'valid from' date isn't incorrect; it is the date your visa was issued. The consulate does that quite often. Your intended travel date doesn't affect your visa at all. You can travel any time after the date on the visa. You don't need to do anything.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 02:57:34 AM »
Oh, awesome.

Great, thanks!!!!   :D ;D

• Then things got just plain Silly!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:30:31 AM »
The 'valid from' date isn't incorrect; it is the date your visa was issued. The consulate does that quite often. Your intended travel date doesn't affect your visa at all. You can travel any time after the date on the visa. You don't need to do anything.

Oh, on mine they put the date we wished to travel as the date valid from. It was only a few days different though, so worked out fine.
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »
 But no matter what, I won't be moving earlier than 15 Oct nor any later than 06 Nov.

On the visa, it says valid from "13/08/10" and valid until "13/11/12"

Even with the incorrect "valid from" date, I would still be entering the UK within 3 months, no earlier than 15 Oct anyway, so would this still be an issue I should report to the Consulate for correction?

Aquila - I'd send an email to the Consulate and have the visa corrected. It is technically wrong and it could cause you problems down the line and it is an error. Unforseen things like Volcano's have happened before and really thrown wrenches in plans for people before, I'd had to see something that is a simple fix cause you massive issues and cost you money needlessly in the future. $20 now to FedEx your passport back to the Consulate or £godknowshowmuchitwillbein2years if you happen to have delayed your travel and need an FLR(M) extension in order to meet the 2 year residence requirment before applying for your next step (whatever that ends up being).

Just my 2p.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
Thanks Weby, you bring up some very great points!

I'll shoot off an email for a correction.

Thanks again!

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »
When emailing the Consulate, for reference, would I use the red number in the upper right hand part of the visa, the VAF number, the application number, or my passport number?

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »
When emailing the Consulate, for reference, would I use the red number in the upper right hand part of the visa, the VAF number, the application number, or my passport number?

Not sure, best to include the VAF number & your passport number just to be safe.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab