Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors  (Read 39432 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
It's to give you time to settle your affairs, buy a plane ticket and move over.

Thank you!

Found this meantime too.

UKBA
"Applications from outside the UK

If your visa application is successful, we will grant you a visa for 33 months. Shortly before the end of that period, you can apply for further leave to remain in the UK.  If you still meet the requirements you will be granted permission to stay for a further period of 30 months.  Once you have completed 5 years in the UK, as the partner of someone who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply to settle here.  This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain'. The Settlement pages contain more information."

What a relief :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
Is there a number to call that doesnt cost $3 per minute? I emailed the complaint department, but I leave in two weeks and need to get this issue resolved quick.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:21 PM »
Is there a number to call that doesnt cost $3 per minute? I emailed the complaint department, but I leave in two weeks and need to get this issue resolved quick.

No, there's no number - and the number that does cost $3 per minute (Worldbridge) isn't going to be of any help to you anyway as they can only help with priority processing and how to apply for a visa.

I believe all you can do is email the complaints address and hope for the best.

But are you sure there's actually been an error made on your visa? If I remember correctly, you put a travel date of September 23rd, but your visa was made valid from August 16th.

However, did you actually make it explicitly clear on your application form that you wished for the visa to be made valid from September 23rd and that you were specifically requesting a post-dated visa?

They are supposed to make your visa valid from the travel date you put on the form, but they don't always stick to this - if you don't make it very clear in your application that you want it to be post-dated, they will sometimes make the visa valid from the date they issue it... and in this case, I'm not sure that it can be considered an error or that they will correct it.

It isn't generally expected that someone will spend a full 6 months in the UK on a visit or visit for marriage visa...  they usually expect that you will travel to the UK, spend a few weeks there so you can marry and then leave again well before the 6 months is up, so they aren't going to make an effort to ensure that you have a full 6 months to spend there.

Also, as it is advised that you should not book any flight until you have your visa, I would guess that they just assume that you will book your travel as soon as you get your visa, and so if it's issued earlier than expected, it means you can either still travel when originally planned date, or you can book your flights to leave earlier if you want to.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:58:17 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »
A visa is an essential travel document for U.S. citizens who travel to many foreign countries. It is also known as a travel visa or entry visa. This last description can be misleading since a visa stamped in a passport does not guarantee that you will be allowed to enter your destination country. It only grants you permission to arrive at a port-of-entry. There, an immigration official will examine your documents and determine whether you should be allowed to enter or not.

I think you might be a bit confused.  I get what you are saying... but to come over to the UK as the spouse or fiance of a UK citizen you must apply for your visa with loads of supporting documents in advance of arrival.  When these visas are issued (prior to travel arrangements being made to relocate), they truly are granting entry into the UK.  There is no requirement to carry the packet submitted for the visa for examination at the border as the decision on the visa has already been made.

The only reason why an Immigration Officer can revoke the visa at the border is if the circumstances have changed since the visa was approved (for instance the spouse's have seperated and are no longer in a relationship).

• Liked: 31
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »
KF, I think that person is a spammer. That post looks copied directly from something, and the only other post they've made has the same tone.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »
KF, I think that person is a spammer. That post looks copied directly from something, and the only other post they've made has the same tone.

Nice...  luckily we don't see much of that!   ;D

Sponsored Links