Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) update  (Read 681 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
FLR(M) update
« on: July 27, 2004, 09:04:06 AM »
Well I just about had a heart attack today. We had only yesterday sent off our change of address to the IND and today we got a letter from them. Is it standard operating procedure to get an acknowledgement of your application from them? The weird thing is that the letter is dated 15 July - they day after we posted it - so they received it quickly! And we already knew the credit card had been charged - so they got their moneye quickly. But we only received the letter today. That's 12 days later!

It still says they aim to process 70% of all postal applications within 3 weeks - so wonder where we really are in the process. I reallyhope 3 weeks is the case.

Ack! So nervous!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: FLR(M) update
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:09:10 AM »
you should be ok balmerhon...  I just did this back in April...and they were true to their word, even though letter got to me after some time...I had my passport stamped and back within 3 weeks.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 09:19:57 AM »
Oh good, that makes me feel better to hear that. How nervewracking it all is. I really almost got sick when I saw that return address but could tell there was only a letter in it.

*deep breath*

;D

Did you do it as married or unmarried?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 11:11:44 AM »
married...but, as long as your papers are all in order...should be just a formality for you as well.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 03:00:10 PM »

The weird thing is that the letter is dated 15 July - they day after we posted it - so they received it quickly!

It seems to me that the Home Office back-date letters so they fall within their processing time target.
The date of issue of my ILR sticker is 19 July, however the covering letter is dated 13 July which is exactly 13 weeks to the day the received my passport (13 April)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab