Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK: Meddling with the English language again  (Read 7462 times)

Re: UK: Meddling with the English language again
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2009, 05:01:16 PM »

You are free to call someone coloured, queer, fag or whatever you choose. The people who you called these things are free to be offended in turn.

He's free to use them whenever he wants in his own time but not on UKY.

People have been offended.  People have told him they were offended.  People have complained to the moderators. Good, long term members have left the forum because they were so offended by him calling them these names.

He refuses to stop using these words so will be edited. 

Whether he believes that this is arbitrary or inconsistent doesn't really matter.  I am willing to really battle this one.

And Paul, it's not your VIEWS that I find offensive, although it does depress me.  It's the WORDS you use.  I could honestly care less if my liberal views offend you, but I would be interested to know what words I use that offend you.  And if you roll out 'God thumper' or whatever I DEFY you to find me saying it on this forum.

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
  • Liked: 0
Re: UK: Meddling with the English language again
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »
Don't throw out your swear words just yet. There may well be legitimate excuse to swear now.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090713085453.htm

Despite their initial expectations, the researchers found that the volunteers were able to keep their hands submerged in the ice water for a longer period of time when repeating the swear word, establishing a link between swearing and an increase in pain tolerance.

Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

Sponsored Links