Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How To Walk Down the Street.  (Read 28900 times)

Re: How To Walk Down the Street.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
Amazing post!

The thing I hate the most is when people stop dead in their tracks in the middle of the pavement. Similar to people who stop at the bottom of an escalator.  >:( Move!!!!

YES!!!!  Man, I have such walking road rage :P

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
[smiley=laugh4.gif]

My favorite is the "oh so in love" couple who must hold hands in spite of the sidewalk being only wide enough for two. 

oops.  :-\\\\

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »
oops.  :-\\\\

LOL! Nothing wrong with being in love, though.  ;)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »

Same!!  What is wrong with people?  Get out of the way!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »
I just figured out how to make it way easier...I look everyone in the eye and smile..this temporarily stuns them and I can usually get around them...if this doesn't work I just step off the pavement and walk in the road till I pass them...and yes I know that old people have the right of way for everything...
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »

Me too! I think I gave someone a 'flat-tire' in the mall today.

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
Me too! I think I gave someone a 'flat-tire' in the mall today.

lol!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »
I just figured out how to make it way easier...I look everyone in the eye and smile..this temporarily stuns them and I can usually get around them...if this doesn't work I just step off the pavement and walk in the road till I pass them...and yes I know that old people have the right of way for everything...

I lived about 10 blocks from my vet, so the day I was carrying my giant howling cat (in his carrier) down the street, everyone either stopped to see what was making such a racket or got out of my way, lest the howling beast attack them! 

Sadly, he's 22lbs, so it's just not practical to bring him everywhere, just to ease my walk.

:P

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
[smiley=laugh4.gif]

My favorite is the "oh so in love" couple who must hold hands in spite of the sidewalk being only wide enough for two.  I'm tempted to walk straight through their arms, breaking them apart like in the "Red Rover" game from my childhood.  But I don't.  I step into the street and walk around them instead.

I hate them too! We always walk single-file when it's crowded and busy. But sometimes I can't help think that if DH really loved me, he wouldn't mind pissing off other pedestrians.  :P
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
Yesterday, there was a group of about 5 tourists standing directly in front of the door of Boots, just standing around and talking.

Hello? A door usually means that people want to walk in and out.

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
I hate them too! We always walk single-file when it's crowded and busy. But sometimes I can't help think that if DH really loved me, he wouldn't mind pissing off other pedestrians.  :P

I think you should send that in to the "Love Is..." cartoonist. ;D

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »
I think you should send that in to the "Love Is..." cartoonist. ;D

LOL!!!!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »

;D

I lived about 10 blocks from my vet, so the day I was carrying my giant howling cat (in his carrier) down the street, everyone either stopped to see what was making such a racket or got out of my way, lest the howling beast attack them! 

Sadly, he's 22lbs, so it's just not practical to bring him everywhere, just to ease my walk.

:P

;D

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »
I hate them too! We always walk single-file when it's crowded and busy. But sometimes I can't help think that if DH really loved me, he wouldn't mind pissing off other pedestrians.  :P

i said 'oops' earlier, but honestly?  I don't give a shite.
I make enough exceptions and allowances for other people, and inconvenience myself for others so often in my daily life, that when I'm with H... it's like F*CK you... it's your problem, not mine, for a change.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:57:50 PM by Q-G »

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 11:17:48 PM »
Like QG, we are guilty of the hand hold thing.  But we try to keep aware of when people want to pass.  But I sort of agree with QG.  My pavement/shops/door holding karma is probably good enough that we could probably body check a few old ladies pushing prams without going into the negative.

I mean if I am meant to figure out how to get out of a corner shop when two teenage mothers push their gigantic prams into the shop, then people can make it known they need to get by if we don't notice them.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab