Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ok, I thought I was done...or am I  (Read 589 times)

• child is a precious miracle
  • Liked: 0
ok, I thought I was done...or am I
« on: July 31, 2004, 05:12:21 PM »
 ??? ok, one last little thing before I close the books on my visa "gathering info" process. I thought I was done, to be totally honest. I don't have years and years of info to bring to the consulate, because we haven't really been "together" more than a year, however, i was reading about interviews etc, and noticed, people have interviews, have to show their immunization records, go to the doctor, etc???uhm..wtf??? consulate requirements for chicago don't state I need this info, nor does it state i have to see a doc while there??? Is this simply for repatriation (going home) or am I just missing something?
Also, I don't have more than a couple months of bank statements, because those are the ones that count, and as far as computer logs go showing our chats, well, they aren't all that clean  ;D so I really don't want some consular readin them, and finally, the phone bills, I can't seem to get a detailed bill from the company handling my long distance calls, but he's got plenty to show from the past year....
in your opinion, though not professional, am i gonna be ok??
Wife to Karl, mother of 3
back in the USA to stay
http://mathews.me.uk

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: ok, I thought I was done...or am I
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 06:10:28 PM »
immunization etc doesn't apply to the spousal visa interview..you are correct--I think it is repatriation that it pops up in discussions.

I think you are fine....A few photos of you in various spots would show time spent together.
Trust me...I panicked and had no need....I simply had one photo...a few letters from family that had spent time with us as a couple and my cover letter and his letter of support which summarized our history. We have known each other 6plus years online..and met the first time in person 3 years ago..i don't know if the time frame helped that it was a longer time..but they didnt ask for anymore kind of proof.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.
Helena

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 08:54:50 PM »
I agree with Helena.  No need for a doctor's exam or anything like that.  In fact, we never had an interview and we never needed to produce any letters or pictures either (even though we brought some just to be on the safe side). 

I'm sure it will be fine.  Take a couple pictures and maybe a letter or e-mail or two, but I don't think it's necessary to print out chats or entire histories of e-mails. 

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 08:25:49 AM »
We weren't asked for any proof of our relationship, though we had cards, pictures, etc., with us because we thought they were required.  You should be fine with just a few of those items...though I'll bet they won't even ask to see them!   :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 11:01:24 AM »
absolutely, when we went to chicago to get the fiance visa we brought everything under the sun with us, it looked like we were moving in! we arrived before the office technically opened and as we were first, the officer was in great spirits and only asked for the minimum of paperwork. mainly the financial side, but i understand that that's not of the most importance for a marriage visa, just the f! good luck!  ;D
if it isn't one thing, its my mother . . .

30/06/2009- NCS Appointment & Citizenship wait begins
06/07/2009- Date of Acknowledgement of Application and Payment Letter
21/08/2009- Date of Invitation to Citizenship Letter
24/09/2009- Citizenship Ceremony!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab