Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cool Whip: Is there a UK equivalent?  (Read 159555 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Cool Whip: Is there a UK equivalent?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
I never found the French's brand but I did get some at Waitrose. I think it was near soups.

Dream Whip! It's a dried powder - found with the jelly. It's quite good! You just mix it with milk (or a milk substitute).

Another two thumbs up for Dream Whip!  ;)
Keep Calm And Carry On

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »
Another bummer: no French's French Fried Onions available for Green Bean Casseroles- I had to make my own. Grrr!

What? Almost every supermarket in the UK carries these, as does Ikea. Try looking near soups and breadcrumbs.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »
What? Almost every supermarket in the UK carries these, as does Ikea. Try looking near soups and breadcrumbs.

In all the shops I've been in, they've been with the salad dressings. They're used to sprinkle on top of salads here, like croutons sort of. But, yes, they're available everywhere! Not French's brand, but more or less the exact same thing.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »
I am going to look for this next time I am at Waitrose... Ah the simple things that get missed!

Another bummer: no French's French Fried Onions available for Green Bean Casseroles- I had to make my own. Grrr!

You can find them here with the salad dressing and croutons. They aren't French's but they work just the same. These are the ones you are looking for:

http://www.britstore.co.uk/Condiments-Danfoods/c507_529/p1920/Danfoods-Onion-Salad-Crispies-100g-/product_info.html

I usually get them at Morrison's. If you don't see them, just ask one of the employees if they have crispy salad onions and they should sort you out.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab