Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: If you want to move back to the states but can't afford the plane ticket.....  (Read 20609 times)

• Liked: 0
The link no longer has that information, does anyone have an updated one? Thanks

If you get a repatriation loan make sure to pay it back!

I'm still here. Still haven't heard back, still no updated link. Frustrated as heck.

• Liked: 163
I'm still here. Still haven't heard back, still no updated link. Frustrated as heck.

I'd try contacting the emergency number.  At least they may be able to point you in the right direction:

http://london.usembassy.gov/emergency-contact.html

I just wanted to add a comment here because I DID take out a repatriation loan to get back to the US from the embassy in Edinburgh.  And it was NOT due to domestic violence or any other kind of "emergency".  There was a lot going on in my situation, but I just wanted to give other hope who may be looking at this option.  They are very willing to help out an American here with a loan if you have no other way back home.
Oh and I paid back the loan and am back in the UK now, happily.  If anyone ever has any questions about the repatriation loan, do not hesitate to send me a message! 8)

Hi,
Are you able to contact me privately?
 Id like to ask a few questions if i may regarding reparations loan. Ty!,

• Liked: 537

Hi,
Are you able to contact me privately?
 Id like to ask a few questions if i may regarding reparations loan. Ty!,
This is a really old post you're quoting. She may or may not check the forum much. You may want to try privately messaging her.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 716
This is a really old post you're quoting. She may or may not check the forum much. You may want to try privately messaging her.

Good point.  Looking at her profile she was last active here in July.

Last Active: July 26, 2016, 08:10:15 PM
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

I just wanted to add a comment here because I DID take out a repatriation loan to get back to the US from the embassy in Edinburgh.  And it was NOT due to domestic violence or any other kind of "emergency".  There was a lot going on in my situation, but I just wanted to give other hope who may be looking at this option.  They are very willing to help out an American here with a loan if you have no other way back home.
Oh and I paid back the loan and am back in the UK now, happily.  If anyone ever has any questions about the repatriation loan, do not hesitate to send me a message! 8)
Do you mind pming me? I have questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The loan the embassy says they will get you depends on a couple of things- they ask that you provide names and numbers of people who are willing to say that they can NOT help you with a loan to get you back home.

Then once they give you the very expensive ticket- they take your passport and you are issued an emergency passport.

You will NOT be able to get another passport until the loan is paid back. The tickets they get are not cheap as they use only one agency to purchase them from....

Going thru this now...
How long did it take to get an appointment? Were you able to go home?

I just wanted you to know that I was previously stranded in the UK and I had to find a way home. When I called the embassy they stated to me that the reason that they ask you for the telephone numbers of family is because they call your family and friends and ask them if they can pay for your ticket to come home before they give you the loan. Also you have to make your way to the airport they don't pay for your way to the airport on the train. So you would have to find that money. Just saying.
How long did the process take? How long did it take you to get home?

Hey, were you able to get a repatriation loan?

Do you mind pming me?

• Liked: 672
I've wondered if she ever got home?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab