Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question Regarding Re-entry on Marriage Visa  (Read 531 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Question Regarding Re-entry on Marriage Visa
« on: August 02, 2004, 01:56:26 PM »
I have a 2 year marriage visa. I had to leave the UK due to a death in the family.

I have seperated from my husband, and I intend to seek a divorce, but the divorce has not yet started, and is not final. I was told by (ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) that I was permitted to stay in the UK until the divorce is finalized.

I need to come back to the UK for the divorce, and to deal with family affairs - will I be permitted to re-enter on my visa? or do I have to enter on my passport? If I come back in on my visa, what should I tell them? what may they ask me? Am I worrying too much? hehe

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Question Regarding Re-entry on Marriage Visa
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 02:10:31 PM »
Chances are no one will ask you anything.  You have a settlement visa in your passport.  They'll look at and smile at you and let you through.  The visa is good until its expiration date - I wouldn't worry about it at all, honestly.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 02:34:36 PM »
I'm going to respectfully disagree with Peedal on this one.  Every time I've been out of the country and come back I ALWAYS get asked how long I've been out of the country.  I reckon the reason for this is that if you are out of the country for great lengths of time, such as a year or two years, then the visa is no good.  I know that's the way it is with Indefinite Leave to Remain, but unsure what time constraints there may be on a 2 year spousal visa. 

I don't know how long you've been out of the UK but if you've got a legitimate reason, and a death in your family would certaintly count as legit, I don't see why it would be a problem re-entering upon return.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 02:37:56 PM »
I guess I should clarify that I didn't think anyone would ask about the actual status of her marriage at Immigration. 

I agree, elle, they do how long I've been out of the UK.  The first question is what is the purpose of my visit and when I say I live here they sometimes ask how long I've been gone.  Same when entering the US, though.

And we do seem to agree that you won't have any problems in general.  ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links