Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone from Eastleigh?  (Read 749 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone from Eastleigh?
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »
I have some interest in the Eastleigh area for a potential job as a teacher. Can anyone offer any information about the area for me, my husband, and our 16 year old? I am just now starting the process of moving to the UK from Texas, USA. Thanks, Robyn

Re: Anyone from Eastleigh?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »
Hello Robyn:

We moved to Southampton about a year ago from Washington state. Southampton is right next to Eastleigh. I don't know a ton about Eastleigh, except that it is a bit more affordable than other areas of Hampshire. As for your 16 year old - look into the Ofsted report (google it) for the schools in that area. Let me know if you have any other particular questions. Feel free to PM me with anything else  :).

Jennifer

• Englishmann
Re: Anyone from Eastleigh?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »
When I originally moved to the UK in 1999, our company house was located in Eastleigh.  I didn't particularly like the area.  It felt, at the time, like a poor suburb of Southampton with little charm.  It didn't have the greatest reputation with the British folks in our office either.  (Beastleigh) Of course, that was a decade ago now, so you probably should see if you can get a more recent opinion.  Our office was very close by, in Otterbourne, and another lovely village of Chandler's Ford was also close and quaint. 

That said, Eastleigh had all of the things you'd need to have a convenient life - Groceries close by, a main street with pubs and restaurants (and kindof icky nightclubs), a great and new (at the time) sportscenter with a big pool and some nice sized parkland. Because the housing in Eastleigh really runs into the surrounding areas, I'm sure that you could find nicer and less nice areas to live within the Eastleigh vicinity and it's pretty close to Winchester too, which is a lovely town with a nice high street and college and beautiful cathedral.

Good Luck!
11/99 - Moved to UK on Work Visa
07/00 - Married UKC
02/01 - Moved to Texas
04/10 - Received Spouse Visa - ILE
06/10 - Moved to England

Sponsored Links