Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does travel still have to originate from the US?  (Read 1347 times)

• I'm eating paste!
  • Liked: 0
Does travel still have to originate from the US?
« on: February 25, 2003, 06:13:57 PM »
Hi all,

I am an American living here with my fiance thanks to my trusty fiancee visa but I am going back to NYC in April (before it expires) for my bachelorette, and obviously I then have to come back. But do I have to still have my plane tickets originate in my country of origin--meaning, do I have to have a return ticket for the US, even though I am legally here now (if technically temporarily)?

Thanks!
People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don't look. --Andy Warhol

• Liked: 0
Re: Does travel still have to originate from the U
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 08:01:13 PM »
It depends on whether you have a visa that will (potentially) allow to remain in the UK permanently.  If you have no right to stay in the UK then immigration is almost certain to give you a hard time when you arrive in the UK.  

However, if you are returning to the UK on your fiancée visa to get married, and convert to a marriage visa then I can't see any reason why you shouldn't buy a return ticket originating from the UK for your visit to the US.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 08:02:31 PM by Mr_Val »
Richard

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Does travel still have to originate from the U
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 11:08:50 PM »
As long as you're RETURNING to the UK before the Visa expires, you should be fine.  The Fiancee' Visa is a multiple entry, meaning you can come and go before its expiry date.

Have fun!!  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab