Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello to all the newbies I have missed  (Read 1020 times)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Hello to all the newbies I have missed
« on: February 25, 2003, 06:39:16 PM »
;D Hello, and Welcome!

I normally try to greet all new comers and wish happy Birthdays...  but I have been very scarce on here the last few weeks...  Bogged down with a bad case of LDDS...not to mention 22" of snow to shovel through, that had an abundance of cabin fevor attached.   Since I am so behind here...decided to send my hello's all on one page.

Ann, it is nice to see you...  and I bet you are at least relaxed from getting the moving and visa's out of the way.

Kismet, I will have 2 stepchildren also...  a girl and boy...but they are adults now...  I look forward to getting to know them in the future...but have not had the pleasure as of yet.  Also, I did drive while visiting over there the second time...  I was a little nervous, but it was not all that bad...  I shall definitely take lessons though.  Driving is a priviledge that I feel gives one their feeling of independance...  and that is something that I refuse to let go of...  I am sure you will be fine.

Muddindogs, Welcome to UKY...  I will be in the Northeast when I move there so we can shiver close by...   my favorite vacation to Florida was many years ago to Sanabelle Island, just off of Fort Meyers...  I loved it there, simply beautiful with beaches full of shells...  and it was the very first time I was able to watch the sun set over water...  fond memory with good friends

Trishareh, Hi there and welcome to the site...  you are very adventurous wanting to move over to the UK all alone to start a new life...  good for you!...  I have heard that it is fairly easy to get a working visa for nursing in England since there is a shortage of workforce in that area...  I wish you good luck!

SAF, Yes!...  It was a very clear feeling that I was at home when I got off the plane...  It is very hard to describe... and not one that I was looking for...  I know I will have a lot of adjusting once I am there, but I have never been any place that made me feel as though I was meant to be there as with Tom and just as importantly; England.

Gurumaster,   LOL Welcome...  you certainly have a way with introductory words...  had me confused there for a moment with your stating age and psycology...  thought maybe your were my Tom... you two seem to have similiar thoughts...  welcome to the site and enjoy.

LostTexan, I think it was very wonderful of you to give up all to allow wife and daughter to be closer to your in-laws...  welcome to UKY...

Phoenix, Of course I can not forget to say welcome to you...  I am glad you are here... [smiley=love.gif]

If there are any I have missed...  just know that I welcome you all...and for all that have had a Birthday I missed...  I hope it was a special day for you and that you spent it doing things that made you smile. :) :D

shel  [smiley=sunny.gif]
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Re: Hello to all the newbies I have missed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 09:30:58 PM »
Hi Shel:

Thanks for the welcome.  Its greatly appreciated.  I love this site!  Its been a great resource and comfort actually.  I've learned a bit and laughed a lot.  I felt as you do about being in Wales.  Thats where I'm headed.  Its smaller than Boston but I like that.  I just can't wait to get started.  I feel now like I'm in limbo.  Wedding is not until April 2004.  But I'm leaving thursday for a long visit.  Thanks for the advice too.  I'll be driving sooner than later I'm sure of it.

Kiz
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 12:04:51 AM »
Thanks for the welcome  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 02:22:02 AM »
Thanks for the welcome  :)

I've really been impressed with all the information on this site, as well as the people with all their helpful hints and views. The list posts were extremely interesting to read. Some of the things people posted there are simply not things that you can find in a tour book  ;D  Also nice to see others planning on the same type of move, asking some of the same questions.

(and Hi to all the others who are new here, like me!  ;) )

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 02:28:54 AM »
Hello, new myself. This seems like a friendly enough place.

I will be moving to England within the next two years, sooner if DH's job/the political situation requires it. I have a fifteen-year-old son from my first marriage, who's studying for the Federal falconry exams; my husband is a network engineer who's currently doing advanced technical training for a local software maker, and I'm thinking about going back to college to finish my RN.

Blessed Mother, that reads like the warmup for a personals ad . . . .

Most of our friends are in the UK, and we have few family ties to hold us: my husband's father is 83 and quite ill, I'm estranged from my biologicals and my son's father has had no contact with him in two years (the aftermath of a DCFS investigation).  We're looking to settle near friends in Buckinghamshire, but from reading around on this site, Wiltshire seems popular. If anyone would like to try and sell me on the place, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading,

Emmy

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab