Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Processing Times  (Read 183686 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ILR Application Processing Times
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
Mine took Approx 3 months. Mailed it on 15th of October 2011, received today January 12th 2012.

« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
I should have posted this a while ago but forgot.  My wife applied in person for her ILR in Cardiff on 22 August.  It was approved the same day and we received her passport with the Permanent Resident visa inside two days later.  Happy days!

Joshua

« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
Congrats to you both, Lexi and Joshua :)
Sep 2004 - Met online
Apr 2006 - Met IRL
27 Oct 2006 - Married in US
23 Sep 2009 - Spouse and dependent visas issued
30 Sep 2009 - Arrived in the UK!
20 Oct 2011 - Sent ILR application
12 Jan 2012 - Discretionary Limited Leave to Remain issued

« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2012, 01:04:15 AM »
Every day that the post comes without our visas is like another brick of worry on my shoulders.

Also, don't most people get some sort of email when their visas are approved?  I've heard others mention this before.  If I'm expecting an email before the post, then I don't think there's any hope of us getting to Spain to see my parents.  Obviously, if we're rejected, that will be the least of our problems - we'll probably be seeing a LOT more of my parents if that is the case! 

I can't say when your docs will arrive but I can only imagine that in a world inhabited by reasonable people they wouldn't hold your traffic violations to a higher standard for the ILR application than they did for the spousal visa application. I'd put my money on this, even in the world we actually live in.

Also, the special delivery envelope did not come with the regular mail, it was a separate delivery with a ring on the door. So no need to feel bad each day if your regular mail carrier doesn't bring it, because at least in my case he never was going to deliver it anyway.

I also didn't receive any email, just a ring at the door like a bolt from the blue. When I saw that grey plastic envelope with my handwriting on it my jaw hit the floor!

So nothing to do at this point but sit tight. I'm sure you'll have good news for you and your daughter very soon. Best of luck!

« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
Just got the envelope today.  Thanks norcal, it was delivered separately; I didn't even think of that.

We were refused ILR.  We were instead granted Limited Leave to Remain on a Discretionary Basis until 11 January 2015.  The actual wording from the letter is:

It is noted that you fined [sic] in the USA in 2008 (a fine is considered unspent for 5 years under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.) Therefore you fail to meet the requirements that an applicant must not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

We are not entitled to appeal the decision because we still have leave to remain. 

I don't even know how to explain how I feel about this.  I am so disappointed and frustrated.  Without ILR, I can't go to college here in 2013 like I planned, to get a PGCE.  I don't qualify for citizenship in a year either.  I was happy that we were applying now, before they raised the fees astronomically and made it even harder to get ILR, or did away with it altogether, and now we're stuck with a "probationary" leave until 2015.  Honestly, I don't even know what Limited Leave to Remain means for us.  It says I can still work, and go back and forth abroad, but if I am absent more than two years I will have to apply all over again.  It says we are permitted to use NHS, Social Services, and other services provided by local authorities - does this mean we are allowed to use public funds?  If we are allowed to do that, why can't I qualify as a resident for university fees? 

I just feel so awful about it all now.  I could literally kill the friend who was riding in my car without her flipping seatbelt in 2008.  Before that my last offense was 2005. 
 :\\\'(
Sep 2004 - Met online
Apr 2006 - Met IRL
27 Oct 2006 - Married in US
23 Sep 2009 - Spouse and dependent visas issued
30 Sep 2009 - Arrived in the UK!
20 Oct 2011 - Sent ILR application
12 Jan 2012 - Discretionary Limited Leave to Remain issued

• Banned

« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
We applied in person for my ILR on the 12th of January at the Sheffield PEO and were approved on the same day.

HOWEVER - we had to fill out the application again because the website had not been updated with the proper form when I downloaded the application and everyone was coming in that week with the old forms.

It took about three hours total between having to fill out the form again, getting the documents checked and then waiting for the approval. We finally got told we were approved after over two hours of waiting in the waiting room and then told we could leave and come back for my passport in a half hour.  Such a shame the option wasn't there to leave and come back during the two hour wait!

« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2012, 01:38:44 AM »
SalfordUSA I'm so sorry to hear about this decision. I'd been thinking about you and your family and I was really shocked to see your post about the result. I really thought they would have the same standards regarding past offences for entry on the spousal track and ILR on the spousal track. You must be really annoyed as it sounds like your plans really depended on having settlement. It seems kind of crazy to me that it concerns a driving violation, and yet you could've had a driving license any time but not settlement.

Anyway, I'm so sorry to see this news. If there is a challenge I hope it will be successful. Whatever you decide to do I hope the best for you and your family. 

« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »
Thurs Oct 27th - SET M sent registered mail
Fri Oct 28th - Received
Mon Oct  31 - Money taken from Bank account and letter stating received in post

Jan 23 - Still waiting.......  :(

Mar 6th Wedding back home in US that was booked last well in advance

Hope this thing comes soon....... :(

« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
8th November - Sent registered Mail
15th November - Received letter stating application was being processed

Wait....

6th January - Called UKBA requesting return of supporting passport for urgent travel.

Still waiting for news on application and return of supporting passport! Missed the important work related travel I needed to do.

I'm guessing applications take longer over the Christmas break too.....?

« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »
19th October SET M paperwork sent through settlement checking service for wife and daughter

21st October UKBA received paperwork plus money taken from bank account

25th October letter received stating application was being processed

Now on 14th week of waiting  :-[

« Reply #490 on: January 28, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
not good news.... :(

I received a letter last night from the home office. It says I haven't provided sufficient evidence of cohabitation for ILR. I need to provide more evidence in 28 days (mind you it took the letter 4 days to arrive because they sent it 2nd class mail) for my application to be considered properly. What am I going to do now?

I've given them everything I had originally sent along with my spousal application which was approved. Unfortunately my wife and I ha vent changed all the bills into joint names because this was just easier as she had everything in place when I arrived 2 years ago. I've sent them pay slips and Barclay's bank statements that have my name and address on it. How much more could they want? I phoned Virgin today to change the cable bill and they said you cant have "joint" names on the bill. So what am I supposed to do? This was the reason we didn't change everything to joint because its a pain to do so plus they fees etc... I really am frustrated now and I dint think this is really fair at all. If they really dint think I live where I say I live they can pop over for a cuppa anytime they want.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #491 on: January 28, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
not good news.... :(

I received a letter last night from the home office. It says I haven't provided sufficient evidence of cohabitation for ILR. I need to provide more evidence in 28 days (mind you it took the letter 4 days to arrive because they sent it 2nd class mail) for my application to be considered properly. What am I going to do now?

I've given them everything I had originally sent along with my spousal application which was approved. Unfortunately my wife and I ha vent changed all the bills into joint names because this was just easier as she had everything in place when I arrived 2 years ago. I've sent them pay slips and Barclay's bank statements that have my name and address on it. How much more could they want? I phoned Virgin today to change the cable bill and they said you cant have "joint" names on the bill. So what am I supposed to do? This was the reason we didn't change everything to joint because its a pain to do so plus they fees etc... I really am frustrated now and I dint think this is really fair at all. If they really dint think I live where I say I live they can pop over for a cuppa anytime they want.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

You don't need to have joint names, but you do need to send letters in each of your names for the same address.  There's no requirement for cohabitation for the spousal visa, so what you sent then isn't relevant.  You need six items of post in each of your names covering the two years.

What exactly did you send?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #492 on: January 28, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »
8th November - Sent registered Mail
15th November - Received letter stating application was being processed

Wait....

6th January - Called UKBA requesting return of supporting passport for urgent travel.

Still waiting for news on application and return of supporting passport! Missed the important work related travel I needed to do.

I'm guessing applications take longer over the Christmas break too.....?

ILR received today, from Liverpool office. Very very happy and relieved.

Good luck all those still waiting.

« Reply #493 on: January 28, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
I sent joint bank account in both our names addressed to our house.
My pay stubs addressed to me
my wife's pay stubs addressed to her
Council tax in my wife's name addressed to her
mortgage in my wife's name addressed to her
my bank statements addressed to me
I think I've sent my P60 addressed to me as well.
My life in the UK test that was registered to my address

Everything else is online and paperless

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #494 on: January 28, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
I sent joint bank account in both our names addressed to our house.
My pay stubs addressed to me
my wife's pay stubs addressed to her
Council tax in my wife's name addressed to her
mortgage in my wife's name addressed to her
my bank statements addressed to me
I think I've sent my P60 addressed to me as well.
My life in the UK test that was registered to my address

Everything else is online and paperless

All of that is fine, but you need more, and it needs to be spaced evenly over the two years.  Do you have anything else that was sent to you in this time?  Letters from the doctor, the DVLA, the library, employer, anything? 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab