Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Processing Times  (Read 181676 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ILR Application Processing Times
« Reply #495 on: January 28, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
not good news.... :(

I received a letter last night from the home office. It says I haven't provided sufficient evidence of cohabitation for ILR. I need to provide more evidence in 28 days (mind you it took the letter 4 days to arrive because they sent it 2nd class mail) for my application to be considered properly. What am I going to do now?

I've given them everything I had originally sent along with my spousal application which was approved. Unfortunately my wife and I ha vent changed all the bills into joint names because this was just easier as she had everything in place when I arrived 2 years ago. I've sent them pay slips and Barclay's bank statements that have my name and address on it. How much more could they want? I phoned Virgin today to change the cable bill and they said you cant have "joint" names on the bill. So what am I supposed to do? This was the reason we didn't change everything to joint because its a pain to do so plus they fees etc... I really am frustrated now and I dint think this is really fair at all. If they really dint think I live where I say I live they can pop over for a cuppa anytime they want.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

How many bank statements did you provide? Did you provide one for each quarter of the year for the two years back? I'm not sure what your ILR situation is, but I think read you needed that many documents for spousal ILR (which didn't apply to me so I didn't study that too closely). Before I went for ILR (we did Form Set(O) for a work permit holder and his dependant, neither of us British), I called the UKBA and was told proof of cohabitation in my case was just one document from the first six months and one from the second six months of each of the past two years (either one document with both our names, or two separate documents for each of us with just our own names for each 6-month period).

I went ahead and brought much more than that to our in-person ILR appointment. The caseworker then just asked for ONE document from each of the last two years, so I handed over two council tax bills that had both our names and that was it. She didn't even want bank statments, just the last 3 months of payslips. It's all down to the caseworker and the particulars of a given application as to what they want, I guess.

If I were you, I'd look over exactly how many documents are required and rustle up at least that many. As far as I know, they don't have to be all different sources. They could all be bank statements or all credit card bills (doesn't hurt to mix it up if you can, but if you just have them from one source, provide plenty of that spread out over the two years).

« Reply #496 on: January 28, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »
I've sent various forms spaced out from the past 2 years. Payslips, bills with both names etc. Nothing really in joint. Our joint bank account has many transactions for all the bills with deposits from my account and hers. Not really sure what the problem is here. I think its obvious that I live where I say I do based on the numerous documents I sent. They are never clear as to EXACTLY they want and then tell you its not enough. I'm going to call them on Monday morning and see what they say I need. That being said if I send them an O2 mobile bill (which I had to ask for as its online) does that really prove I live where I live? Or shall I go down to the council and have them put my name on the council tax? Again does that prove anything? I understand the laws and why they have to do it but I think I've proved enough that I live here. My wife is English born and raised and all the bills were in her name when I arrived here 2 years ago and to get everything changed would've been a major hassle ( as we learned when we tried to change a name on the joint account recently. A visit to a solicitor and £100 later the bank changed it.) All I have left is a letter from the NHS an O2 bill and my letter from the NI agency when I received my NI number. If that isn't enough then I give up!

Totally frustrated

« Reply #497 on: January 28, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »
I've sent various forms spaced out from the past 2 years. Payslips, bills with both names etc. Nothing really in joint. Our joint bank account has many transactions for all the bills with deposits from my account and hers. Not really sure what the problem is here. I think its obvious that I live where I say I do based on the numerous documents I sent. They are never clear as to EXACTLY they want and then tell you its not enough. I'm going to call them on Monday morning and see what they say I need. That being said if I send them an O2 mobile bill (which I had to ask for as its online) does that really prove I live where I live? Or shall I go down to the council and have them put my name on the council tax? Again does that prove anything? I understand the laws and why they have to do it but I think I've proved enough that I live here. My wife is English born and raised and all the bills were in her name when I arrived here 2 years ago and to get everything changed would've been a major hassle ( as we learned when we tried to change a name on the joint account recently. A visit to a solicitor and £100 later the bank changed it.) All I have left is a letter from the NHS an O2 bill and my letter from the NI agency when I received my NI number. If that isn't enough then I give up!

Totally frustrated

Yes, it's really not as clear as it should be. I would definitely call with a few questions (keeping in mind what they tell you may not be what your caseworker goes by, and keeping in mind to ask follow-up questions because they can and have left out vital info when I called).

I don't think a cellphone bill will do it at all, and I would think that adding your name to the council tax bill won't help now, as it still won't have been on the bill over the past couple of years. Payslips, as I understand it, go to prove income and is not what they count toward proof of address. So I would think if you sent at least 4 bank statements a year in her name and in yours (either 4 each or 4 with both names), and a few other bills in either or both names, that should cover it. You definitely need to call and see what's required. Maybe also see if you can get "official" versions of any paperless bills. Good luck!

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #498 on: January 28, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »
Yes, it's really not as clear as it should be.

Actually, it is.  The SET(M) form clearly states how many and what type of documents are acceptable. 

Note 8   We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.
Examples of acceptable types of letters and documents
letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
telephone bills or statements
bank statements/letters
water rates bills or statements
building society savings books/letters
mortgage statements/agreement
council tax bills or statements
tenancy agreement(s)
electricity and/or gas bills or statements

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm0420091.pdf

Payslips, as I understand it, go to prove income and is not what they count toward proof of address

Payslips can be used to prove both address and income, but whatever slips you submit for address proof must be in addition to those submitted for income. 

So I would think if you sent at least 4 bank statements a year in her name and in yours (either 4 each or 4 with both names)

Multiple samples of the same thing from the same source are not sufficient.  The guidance clearly states that the evidence must come from at least three different sources.  He could send all his bank statements for the last two years, and it still wouldn't be sufficient because he needs documents from two other sources.

Jim, not being funny, but gathering evidence of cohabitation should be the number one priority for someone on a spousal visa who's hoping to get ILR.  Yes, getting documents in joint names is a hassle, but having ILR refused is much more of one.  You dodged a bullet in that the HO contacted you for the additional docs rather than just refusing your application.  Not everyone is so lucky.  If I were you, I'd count my blessings, send all of the evidence of cohabitation I could get my hands on, and then relax, because in all likelihood your ILR will be granted.   

On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
thanks for all the responses! Going to call them tomorrow see what else they want!! Fingers crossed!

« Reply #500 on: February 13, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »
I'm impatiently waiting too. The application & documents were mailed on 8 December 2011. UKBA took payment on 13 December 2011 & sent a letter confirming receipt of application on 15 December 2011. I've tried to just forget about it, but I sure do wish they would hurry up!  :)
7 November 2009 Married
4 December 2009 documents received by expediter & delivered to consulate in Chicago
9 December 2009 Visas approved and issued
14 December 2009 Arrived in UK
8 December 2011 Applied for ILR
19 February 2012 ILR approved

« Reply #501 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »
I'm impatiently waiting too. The application & documents were mailed on 8 December 2011. UKBA took payment on 13 December 2011 & sent a letter confirming receipt of application on 15 December 2011. I've tried to just forget about it, but I sure do wish they would hurry up!  :)

Good luck! Hope they get back to you soon!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #502 on: February 14, 2012, 12:49:10 AM »
My application was mailed on 19 Nov and acknowledgement letter sent on 22 November, so it's officially been 12 weeks...I'm getting a bit anxious!! I've just read on another forum that a few people recently received responses after 11 weeks, so either my decision is due soon or my application is held up for some reason. I'm dying to visit my family in the US--they haven't seen my daughter since she was 5 months old and she'll turn 1 before they can see her again if I don't receive my passport soon!!

« Reply #503 on: February 20, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
Application sent Dec. 1 - Set (O) HSMP judicial review
Letter of receipt from UKTI BA dated 6/12
Still waiting to receive word of application

I am considering writing a letter asking the UKBA to expedite the application as I have travel plans for the end of May - six months after application sent. Has anyone had success with this?

Am grateful for all posts with others experiences!

« Reply #504 on: February 27, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
Here is our ILR timeline:

Application sent via Manchester City Council Settlement Checking Service - 6th Jan. 2012.
Confirmation letter received - 12th January 2012, dated the 10th.
Visa received from Liverpool - 24th February 2012, issue date 13th Feb.

So a total of 38 days. Super quick and super relieved! :)

« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:04 PM »
In Person Application for Set M 27/2/2012
11:30am to 4pm ILR in hand.....
SO Happy it is OVER!
ILR: Feb 27, 2012
Mailed off citizenship application via solicitor: Feb 29, 2016
Application received by Home Office: March 1, 2016
Payment taken: March 10, 2016

Letter of acknowledgement: March 9, 2016
Letter requesting biometrics: March 9, 2016
Biometrics completed: March 15, 2016
Letter of approval: April 5, 2016
Invitation to citizenship ceremony: dated April 8, 2016 but received April 21, 2016
Ceremony booked for:

« Reply #506 on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
SET (M) Spousal Success today!!

Passports for my wife and daughter received today second class mail from Liverpool office after 20 weeks.

Letter and Settlement visa on passport was dated 21 February 2012.

Now onto Citizenship!!

I would like to thank all admin and members on this great forum for all their help and support throughout this ordeal

Good luck to all that are still waiting and i hope your visas come quickly,

« Reply #507 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »
Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I sent mine 25th of Feb, received letter of receipt 3rd of March. I got in before the Set (M) changed. Had phoned up the UKBA and was told to just include my old Biometrics ID card. Whew. Now the long wait begins.

« Reply #508 on: March 12, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
25th February- application sent by post (Unmarried Partner)
27th February- application arrived at UKBA
03 March- confirmation letter from UKBA (posted 28th of Feb)

I seem to be on the same timeline as Musician2011.  :)
Have resigned myself to a six month wait, but hoping that it's quicker than that so that I can make holiday plans.

« Reply #509 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
Cool, Katzan :)

I really don't think it will take 6 months, if everything is in order.  I'm guessing 3 months. I may have a delay since I didn't use my married name (because my old name is on the Biometrics card); however I do have the spousal stamp in my passport for verification (already went through sending them the marriage certificate for that upgrade last time). 

Good luck to you! :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab