Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Processing Times  (Read 183655 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ILR Application Processing Times
« Reply #900 on: August 16, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »
Hey, thanks for your reply. Well I think that's really ridiculous, as we are all paying a big sum of money, going through the same stress, sleepless nights. I think we should all be treated the same and each application should get the same attention. Not because our application is 10 years, so they take longer to process. As we provide the H/O with all the relevant documents. Every year they get a lot of application to deal with, they should find a way how to reduce the processing time, don't you think! I wonder sometime how do they process on the same day application so quickly. I assume they still have to check all the documents before they approve it.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #901 on: August 16, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »
Hey, thanks for your reply. Well I think that's really ridiculous, as we are all paying a big sum of money, going through the same stress, sleepless nights. I think we should all be treated the same and each application should get the same attention. Not because our application is 10 years, so they take longer to process.

I think you misunderstand. Your application is given more attention because you are applying under different rules to shorter path applicants. Each path has a different application form and requires different documents.

It takes longer to process because you have to provide many more documents than the other paths, and so there is more that UKVI have to check to make sure you meet the requirements. Plus, they have 10 years of your immigration history to go through and check.. and you will have held more previous visas than other applicants, each of which has to be checked.

For example, someone on a 2-year family path to ILR will have only held 1 previous visa, and just has to show that:
1) they are married
2) they have been living with their partner for 2 years
3) they have enough money to live off/have not claimed benefits

Someone on a 5-year work visa path to ILR will have usually only held 2 previous visas and has to show that:
1) they have been in the UK for 5 years
2) they have been working continuously in the UK for those 5 years on valid work visas
3) they have not been outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 months
4) they earn and will continue to earn at least £35,000 per year
5) their company still wishes to employ them

Someone on a 10-year path to ILR has to show that:
1) they have been legally living in the UK for 10 years
2) every visa they have held in those 10 years has been valid
3) there have been no gaps in between any of your visas, and no time in the last 10 years when you did not have a valid visa
4) you have not breached the immigration rules of any of your visas
5) you have not spent more than 180 days at a time outside the UK
6) you have not spent more than 539 days in total outside the UK
7) you haven't been in prison during the 10 years
8 ) you haven't spent time in the Isle of Man/Channel Islands/ROI during the 10 years

I wonder sometime how do they process on the same day application so quickly. I assume they still have to check all the documents before they approve it.

They process them so quickly because only certain types of visa applications can be done in person - the applications that have fewer documents to check and no complications.

ILR applications based on 10 years Long Residence cannot be done in person because they cannot check the documents and issue the visa in only one day.

« Reply #902 on: August 21, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »
very well explained ksand  :)

« Reply #903 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »
Applied end of March and have received my documents today! BRP was to be delivered yesterday, but we were out, so it is being re-delivered tomorrow. :)

« Reply #904 on: September 22, 2014, 07:50:45 PM »
Applied via post: May 10th
Biometrics done: June 7th
ILR approved & documents returned: September 12th
BRP arrived: September 13th

It took a total of 4 months start to finish.  It has been a long 2 1/2 years, however,  well worth it! It feels amazing to be done with the visa process.   ;D

« Reply #905 on: September 23, 2014, 10:14:54 AM »
Congratulations!!  ;D

I applied about a week after you. Still waiting, but fingers crossed it comes through for me soon since I'm starting a new job in three weeks (although have already explained the situation to them and they're very understanding, would be so much easier to have the BRP in hand!).
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

« Reply #906 on: September 29, 2014, 12:38:06 AM »
Hi all, I'm due for ILR in January and it's time I start preparing for life in the UK test. Please share with me the books, CDs or mobile apps you used, I've got a couple of mobile apps but I don't know which ones are the recently updated.

Also since I got my spouse visa almost 2 years ago, I've not been in a stable job, my partner who is British earns almost 19,000 pounds annually and we live in a private rented house. We owe council tax but paying what we could afford every month, my partner also claim housing benefit. Could me not being in a stable job, my partner claiming housing benefit and the council tax issue affect my application?

Thank you

If you have not got the Life In UK and B1 books and CDs...I can give out mine as I  do not need them again.I wish you best of luck.

« Reply #907 on: October 01, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My Timeline for SET (M)

I applied for ILR SET M. The dates are (2014)

31st May - Posted the application
2nd June - Received at Home Office
3d June - Acknowledgement letter sent by Home Office
6th June - Payment Taken
19th June - Biometric request letter sent by Home Office
27th June - Biometrics Enrolled

28th Sept - Approval Letter sent by HO
01st Oct - Approval letter and Supporting docs, passport etc recd at my home. BRP should arrive in the next 7 working days.

Yippeeeeeeeee. My wait is over. All the best you guys.

Bini

« Reply #908 on: October 01, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
Congratulations! You must be so relieved!

I'm still waiting on mine, think my dates are all about 10 days earlier than yours, but I'm still waiting. Frustrating how they never process these in the order the receive them! Really hope I get mine soon!
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

« Reply #909 on: October 04, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »
Came home to my BRP yesterday and received my documents and passport back today. Finally! Good luck to all of those still waiting. Here's my timeline for reference.

Application sent: 16 May
Payment taken: 20 May
Biometrics letter received: 6 June
Biometrics taken: 6 June
BRP received: 3 October
Passport and docs returned: 4 October

I didn't receive a separate acceptance letter, it was included with the documents.

« Reply #910 on: October 06, 2014, 11:46:59 AM »
Hello Elle,

Congratulations, My acceptance letter, supporting docs, passport etc were all in the same packet too by Royal Mail, BRP arrived soon after,  the same day by DX couriers.

Very Happy  ;D

Cheers
Bini

« Reply #911 on: October 30, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
Hello All,

Below is my SET M application details

Application Sent by Post (Special Delivery ) : 13/10/2014
Application recieved at Home Office            : 14/10/2014
Money Taken                                          : 16/10/2014
Acknowledgement Recieved                      : 20/10/2014

I am waiting for Biometric Inivite Letter. Its been 17 days since my application. Is this normal?

I wanted to travel abroad for my brother's wedding on 26th of April 2015. Really worried if ILR will come through before that :(

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance
ilrdear
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:42:36 PM by ilrdear »

« Reply #912 on: October 30, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »
I am waiting for Biometric Inivite Letter. Its been 17 days since my application. Is this normal?

Yes, that's normal. It can take up to about a month to receive it.

I wanted to travel abroad for my brother's wedding on 26th of April 2015. Really worried if ILR will come through before that :(

It may do, it may not. Right now, it's taking about 5 months and people who applied in May/June 2014 are just getting their ILR now.

5 months from when you applied is mid-March 2015, so you might just get it in time

« Reply #913 on: October 30, 2014, 03:53:15 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Fingers crossed..Its a long wait :(

One question though...does a delayed Biometric Invite imply a delayed processing?

I have seen in forums, some people have received Biometric Invite in less than 10 days time since application was sent.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:20:55 PM by ilrdear »

« Reply #914 on: October 30, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
One question though...does a delayed Biometric Invite imply a delayed processing?

I have seen in forums, some people have received Biometric Invite in less than 10 days time since application was sent.

Doesn't indicate anything except perhaps that they are busy and have taken longer to send the letters to some people than others.

They don't actually start processing the application until after you have given your biometrics, so it just depends how fast they get to your application as to how quickly you get the biometrics letter.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab