Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: DCF FILING: from those who have gone through it recently  (Read 35322 times)

• taking over birmingham one by one...
  • Liked: 1
Re: DCF FILING: from those who have gone through it recently
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »
 Just sent off DH's I-130 and thought I'd start a timeline here and update it for the benefit of any future applicants:

13 Aug 2011 -- sent I-30 to embassy in London
02 September 2011 -- received letter from Embassy stating application was filed 19 August and current processing times are 4 months

Will continue to update as and when things begin to happen.  :)
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

• Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »
I'm filing the I-130 for my husband tomorrow.  It seems it will take 4 months to process. 

I realize the DCF filing is for persons with the right to live and work in the UK, but wondering if it would look bad if I went ahead and moved to the states before my husband's interview? 

I have a job offer that would like me to start in March.

Thanks  :)

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
Also wondering if it will look bad if I go to my husband's green card interview with a passport that shows my UK spouse visa has expired.  I really hate to spend the money on extending my visa or ILR when I know realistically I will not be coming back here.  And if I do, I can afford to reapply for spouse visa. 

Any advice or previous experience appreciated.  Ah, the stress begins.

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »
No, it won't look bad if you file, then go to the States. It also won't look bad if your visa is expired.

We did both of these things.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »
You don't have to attend your husband's interview. You can definitely move before him, that's no problem. The main risk there is if he's denied and you've already moved.

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
We did both of these things.

Thanks so much for sharing.  Nice to hear from others who've gone through the process already.
 ;D

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »
26 October 2011 Email from Embassy confirming stating application filed and processing times 4 months.

Hoping it will take less

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »
26 October 2011 Email from Embassy confirming stating application filed and processing times 4 months.

Hoping it will take less

We just went through the DCF process and we were approved for his IR-1 visa on Wednesday. If you have any questions I'll help where I can :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:06:31 AM by MrsH »
Veni, vidi, vici.

• Midwestern Yank
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
Does anyone know in regards to the I864 : (I have scoured the net and other forums, but can't find anything)

My dad is my cosponsor, and his income will suffice to cover my UK hubby. He has filled out his own I864 as required.

However, I'm wondering when filling out my I864 (as I'm aware I need to file this form as well even though my income won't be counted ) ... Because I obviously earn in pounds, and I'll be giving up my UK employment when moving back to the US, what do I put on my form for the amount earned?

I have all of my tax transcripts, which show how much I declared I earned in dollars last tax year, so do I enter this even though my income won't be used?

Thanks!
Dec 7, 2007 - Moved to UK
Feb 15, '11-Citizenship ceremony
March 8, '11-UK passport received

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
I think it asks you to list your income for the last three years. I based it on my US tax returns and put it in dollars. Also, if your dad is married, his wife should fill out the I-864A since she is in his household. 

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »
I think it asks you to list your income for the last three years. I based it on my US tax returns and put it in dollars. Also, if your dad is married, his wife should fill out the I-864A since she is in his household. 

My mom is my husbands co sponsor. We did it based on her income alone since it was more than adequate. She filled out the I-864 and my dad did not complete an I-864A as it was not necessary.

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 12:33:35 AM »
My mom is my husbands co sponsor. We did it based on her income alone since it was more than adequate. She filled out the I-864 and my dad did not complete an I-864A as it was not necessary.

Interesting. The Dublin embassy was happy I had it. They said it was necessary because my parents file their taxes jointly (they're both retired).

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 12:39:13 AM »
Interesting. The Dublin embassy was happy I had it. They said it was necessary because my parents file their taxes jointly (they're both retired).

Maybe that's specific to Dublin? We did not have to have one for my mother, my father's income was what we used.

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »

I had the I-864A for my dad but they didn't want it. My parents are retired & file jointly as well and our Interviewing Officer handed it back to me and said it was not necessary as my mother's income was more than adequate by itself.

• Midwestern Yank
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »
Thanks, guys, I'll just list what was on my tax return, then :)

My parents file jointly, and my mom has filled out the I864a. Even if they end up not needing it, we all know it's better safe than sorry on these things! :)

x
Dec 7, 2007 - Moved to UK
Feb 15, '11-Citizenship ceremony
March 8, '11-UK passport received

Sponsored Links