Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to travel from London to Gloucester  (Read 4671 times)

Re: How to travel from London to Gloucester
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »
£180 maybe be close to the price of the total of the train fare for 3 people.

2 adults + 1 child, booked in advance, cheapest fare I could find on thetrainline.com was £48.75 for an advance standard class one way ticket.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »
2 adults + 1 child, booked in advance, cheapest fare I could find on thetrainline.com was £48.75 for an advance standard class one way ticket.

Yeah, I just looked on the trainline.com and the cheapest adult one-way ticket from Paddington to Gloucester is £9.00 (for a random date in June).... that's £22.50 for 2 adults and 1 child. It's a special fare though and is only available through advance booking - the earlier you book, the cheaper the tickets.

If you bought the tickets at the station on the day of travel it would cost a lot more.

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »
If you bought the tickets at the station on the day of travel it would cost a lot more.

The so-called "walk-on fare".

• Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »
When we moved to England with our two small children, we hired somebody to drive up from Devon to collect us at Gatwick.  We told him we had a lot of luggage and he came in an estate (station wagon).  Our bags and kids did fit in but only just barely.  It wasn't that expensive and was well worth it.  Normally we travel with our kids on public transport but moving is definitely a different story.  The kids and I slept the whole drive to Devon leaning on each other's shoulders in the back seat, while my husband sat in front with the driver.  I've never hired a car to go from Heathrow to Gloucester but that's a shorter distance than we did so it should be less expensive.
doing laundry

• Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
If you choose that method I would get a quote from the Gloucester end which should be cheaper than London IWT.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab