Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: West Midlands World Cup Parties??  (Read 2431 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: West Midlands World Cup Parties??
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »
Hi guys,

My names Richie, I'm a reporter at BBC Radio WM in Birmingham.

We are looking to find an American, Algerian and Sloveanian living in Birmingham to talk to about their chances against England.

I have already found an Algerian girl and I would like to get together in a bar with The Algerian, American, Sloveanian and myself representing England and have a light-hearted banterous chat about who's going to win the group!

I'd look to record sometime on Wednesday or Thursday, if you want more infomation

richie.anderson@bbc.co.uk
or
0121 567 6059 (office number)

feel free to get in touch !

Thanks guys  ;D

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
Ok, change of plans-- Walkabout is fully booked (OOPS!) but Sports Cafe a few doors down is offering, for £20, seating in the VIP area, which includes several massive screens, an all you can eat dinner buffet and the first drink on the house (actually quite a nice deal).

It needs to be booked relatively quickly, so please let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »
Change of plans again (GRR).  The VIP area is booked however we can still book in the main seating area.  That is £15 for two course dinner, and we'll have the table for the duration of the match.

Again, as with yesterday please let me know ASAP if you want this because I they'll only give us as many seats as we book.

Cheers!

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 07:25:03 PM »
I've posted this on the Midlands Yanks Facebook page in case anyone there is interested...

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 10:37:47 PM »
Didn't know there was one...as it is i don't know how good it's looking.  Most places are being booked up now and Sports Cafe wanted full payment up front which I wasn't really prepared to do... :(

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »
Didn't know there was one...as it is i don't know how good it's looking.  Most places are being booked up now and Sports Cafe wanted full payment up front which I wasn't really prepared to do... :(

How annoying that they want full payment up front! I called them to see if I could get them to budge on that seeing as it's now one day away, but they weren't having it.

We could try just showing up somewhere, though. Sports Cafe says they think they'll be full by 5pm, so that could be dicey but maybe still worth a try... Walkabout says that if you want to sit down, un-bookable tables will be full by probably 5:30, but they are confident that they'll have plenty of standing room space all night, and they've got something like 40 TVs.

I'd be up for just turning up on the night on Broad Street and seeing what happens, but I don't know how anyone else feels? Alternately there is a fine 2-up 2-down venue in Bearwood to which people are welcome to come! (TV's not huge, though)

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 08:32:36 AM »
I'm ok with doing the Broad Street walk to find a place, but--

1) does it guarantee us seeing the game

2) how safe is it?  I can imagine there won't be too many other yanks walking around. ..

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »
My honorary Brummie husband (10+ yrs) doesn't think Broad Street would be unsafe for us these days in this situation, and I agree, but being guaranteed to watch the game is another matter...I guess it wouldn't be guaranteed because it's always possible that we might not get close enough to a TV. Oh well...we gave it a shot! I would say that we should try to get together to watch another of the USA matches, but they're in work time :(

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab