Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shipping Boxes  (Read 1110 times)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Shipping Boxes
« on: March 06, 2003, 07:30:52 PM »
First off...Yeah!!!...  Tom's and my time apart clock has finally started to tick downward ...  so therefore I can begin to start shipping things over in the next couple of weeks.

Since I will only be shipping boxes, I figured I will just use the postal system...they seem to be the best rate.  but there will be about 18 total boxes going that are midsize...  and couple bigger ones for bulk stuff...  

My question here is, does anyone know if there are any other forms I will need to fill out besides the normal custom's forms?  I was wondering since I plan to move there, would the amount of boxes, even if at seperate times cause a different problem?

Thank you!
Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Garden Butterflies
Re: Shipping Boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 07:36:31 PM »
Oh yea...on one good note...  I did find out from post office that I can pack books into smaller boxes and fill into what they call an M bag to ship over there for a lower rate...  already got the bag... :D   it is $27.00 for 11 lbs and $2.50 for each lb over...  

this just excites me to no end with the books and cook-books that I wish to keep.  

Love my books!
depths of our soul!

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 12:56:25 AM »
I guess no one can answer my question here...  Ahhh Well!, guess I will find out soon enough...  hopefully not the hard way.
depths of our soul!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 06:22:22 AM »
Did you pick up that little booklet that the Post Office puts out for international mailings? I seem to recall that it is explained fairly well in that book. I've done a fair amount of international shipping and I don't recall any other forms but that customs form. I found some great box deals all over the internet!

Good Luck. I'm counting down now and getitng busier than ever!!!!
In one success, a thousand failures lie forgotten...In one refusal to try, a thousand successes may prematurely die.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 06:47:34 AM »
I'm surprised that the Post Office is competitive, price-wise.  I'd have gone too a mover-shipper and got a rate for a couple of crates.  Most of them do small shipments so I hear.
Richard

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 05:50:11 PM »
The funny thing I've found about the US Post is that the international rates, as well as being fairly inexpensive, are also pretty similar no matter what method you use.  For example, if I sent a package by air (4-6 days or something like that) it's say $25.  To send the same pkg by sea (6 weeks or so) is $22.
Where is the savings in sea freight then?

Also, my only advice would be to check HM Customs website...any posession of yours that you have owned more than 6 mos (?) you should not have to pay Customs on when you relocate...so check there and see if there is a specific form or something you need, otherwise customs can be pretty steep.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab