Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Which car do you recommend  (Read 1525 times)

• Liked: 0
Which car do you recommend
« on: March 08, 2003, 11:46:22 PM »
If you are going to travel across Europe by car, do you recommend taking your own car (with the steering wheel on the right side) or renting a car once you are there?

Or do you bag it and take the train?

Thanks!

Re: Which car do you recommend
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 10:48:24 AM »
We've always taken our own car on holiday in Europe with no problems.  OK, when I say no problems, I mean relatively few problems-flat tires, getting lost, going down one-way streets ;)  but other than that it's been alright.  Except he's NEVER allowed to drive in Paris ever again.  Never ever.  

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Which car do you recommend
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 01:09:23 PM »
We've always taken our own car (though we do think about trying a whole trip by train just going wherever we feel like for a week). It's not difficult driving with the wheel on the other side, but I do have my own daily experience of it since I brought my US car over here. Taking your own car, you'll have the freedom to go wherever whenever. Hiring cars is so expensive, camparatively. Tip: fill up on petrol before you come back...much cheaper!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab