Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London Area Book Club 21 August 2010 Meeting  (Read 1448 times)

• Liked: 0
London Area Book Club 21 August 2010 Meeting
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:48:40 AM »
Inspired by the glorious weather during the last Book Club meeting by the Thames, and the fact that we are due to read something less depressing, we have chosen A Room with a View, by E. M. Forster for the August read.

Set partly in Florence, partly in the Surrey hills, A ROOM WITH A VIEW depicts the struggle for the soul of its enchanting heroine, Lucy Honeychuch. Forster’s brilliant social comedy examines the English abroad and at home in the country as Lucy’s sincere and passionate feelings are contrasted with her prudish cousin Charlotte, her supercilious fiancé and the unconventional Emersons.

Meeting details
Date:  Saturday, 21 August
Time:  15:00
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/1603/Town_Wharf/Old_Isleworth

Come join us for interesting discussion, drinks, laughter and maybe even to meet some new friends.

Our group is very fluid.  People come to the meetings as they can, so if you are a newbie, please don't be shy about joining us!  If you haven't been for a while, please join us again!

We have had a different group at each meeting, and all participants will be warmly welcomed!
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

Re: London Area Book Club 21 August 2010 Meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »
Great book, and you can download it for FREE from Project Gutenberg, to your computer or another device.  I used the Stanza app on the iphone, but no doubt there are other options.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »
Bumping this thread as a reminder!  We are a social/book club, so even if you have only seen the movie, "A Room With A View," you will still be able to participate in the book conversation.  If you have neither read the book, nor seen the movie, then you can sit back with a pint  enjoy the river view and join us for the social talk after!

Feel free to PM for more info or my mobile number!
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 04:02:58 AM »
Aw, I'm arriving in London on this day, so I won't be able to make it.  I'd definitely be interested in future group meetings :)

I've not read A Room With a View anyway, but I'm reading Howards End now :)

Sponsored Links