Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Student Visa's processing timetable  (Read 7670 times)

• Liked: 0
Student Visa's processing timetable
« on: August 02, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
If any other students want to keep a record of there status/timetables we can do it here.

Priority Service to NY consulate. (way over 48hours processing)

Sent Documents UPS: Monday July 26, 2010
UPS Tracker Arrived: Tuesday 10:14am, July 27, 2010
E-Mail confirmation: Wednesday 2:30pm, July 28, 2010
Email issuing Student Visa: ...?

List yours process/times/status!!

Re: Student Visa's processing timetable
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »
Sent docs to LA consulate: Tues 27 July
Doc's Rec'd by consulate: Thurs 29 July
Decision: Soon hopefully....

I was unable to expedite unfortunately.  :(
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
Sent docs to LA consulate: Tues 27 July
Doc's Rec'd by consulate: Thurs 29 July
Decision: Soon hopefully....

I was unable to expedite unfortunately.  :(

Thanks for posting! Did you send overnight? Did you do priority or regular processing?
Ive heard good things about the chicago consulate, NY seems backed up curious about LA.

Keep us posted! Good luck to you =D (we seem around the same time frame roughly!) I cant wait for this to be over with, breathe a bit!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:10 AM »
I didn't use priority unfortunately, as I'm unable to- boo.  So, I'm looking at a few weeks of wait time.  I'm trying to be patient and only semi-obsessively check my email.  ;) I hope you hear soon, it's stressful not knowing when you're leaving.

"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »
I am in the same boat as you syntax.  I hope I hear soon.  I get a bit more worried as each day passes and it doesn't help that I know someone who is going to the same school who got his visa within a working day basically. (sent his paperwork in on a fri, got e mail on monday saying they got his paperwork and later that day an e mail saying he was approved) Not helping my nerves.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
I am in the same boat as you syntax.  I hope I hear soon.  I get a bit more worried as each day passes and it doesn't help that I know someone who is going to the same school who got his visa within a working day basically. (sent his paperwork in on a fri, got e mail on monday saying they got his paperwork and later that day an e mail saying he was approved) Not helping my nerves.

i found out what happened with mine, apparently there was an issue with my funds. I used a federal and private loan and the new policy states you must have private loans made available to you before entering the UK ( which is silly because both type loans get issued to university first). So basically the ECO has given me the chance to re-send proof of funds for a certain amount which i mailed off again yesterday (arrived this morning). Hoping it gets to her soon and this finally ends.

I had to contact the embassy to find out my application was on hold, but happy that i have the chance to fix this....the waiting begins...again lol!! its never ending!

Good luck to you!!

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 08:30:21 PM »
Now I am a bit worried because all my funds are my own or federal loans, so there might be something else going on.  When did you contact the embassy?  How long you think I should wait?

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
Now I am a bit worried because all my funds are my own or federal loans, so there might be something else going on.  When did you contact the embassy?  How long you think I should wait?

When did you send off? to where? priority service or...?

If your using federal loans i dont believe you have anything to worry about. I am a mature student, just over the age limit to qualify for "parent plus loans". I had to use a private loan to prove rest of my funds. A new policy as of this year is "all private loans must be made available to you before entering the UK" which doesnt make sense!! Federal loans...this doesnt apply.

I did priority and that was over a week ago, however, as stated there was a hold up with my application (this is why i havent heard anything) I had to contact the embassy myself to find this out. I luckily was given the chance to send evidence from bank statements to help my case, otherwise will remained refused.

I re-sent this yesterday ( UPS shows it arrived today) So the waiting continues lol. its been a rough couple weeks/months!!!

Let me know your story and if you come into any trouble.

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »
I sent it the same day as you and same place. It wasn't priority though I believe it was regular (i didn't pay extra or anything).  I am also a mature student and got both grad plus loans as well as stafford loans to cover my school (I have more than enough funds to cover the coa I am pretty sure (i have calculated plenty of times)) I didn't know you sent priority so that was my mistake.  Still it is very nerve wrecking.  They did tell me it would take between 5 to 10 days so still have a few days to go.  Just nervous cause I want it to be done.  Good luck with your visa hope it works out for you. 

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 08:56:27 PM »
I sent it the same day as you and same place. It wasn't priority though I believe it was regular (i didn't pay extra or anything).  I am also a mature student and got both grad plus loans as well as stafford loans to cover my school (I have more than enough funds to cover the coa I am pretty sure (i have calculated plenty of times)) I didn't know you sent priority so that was my mistake.  Still it is very nerve wrecking.  They did tell me it would take between 5 to 10 days so still have a few days to go.  Just nervous cause I want it to be done.  Good luck with your visa hope it works out for you. 

I completely understand. If your full time passes and you dont hear anything give me a private message.

Did you get a confirmation email from them saying they received your documents safely?

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
Will. do.  Yes I did.  I sent it in on the 26th, they got it on 27th and sent me an e mail on the 28th like you.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:18 AM »
Sent my application express mail to LA Consulate 8/4
Confirmed through tracker it was on route to delivery in LA 8/5
I did priority so I should hear something soon...I hope???

This is so stressful! Has anybody else used priority for the LA consulate? How long did it take for them to email you? Thanks!
08/2010 - Tier 4 Student Visa Issued
09/2010 - Moved to UK
06/2011 - Met Partner
01/2012 - Tier 1 PSW
12/2013 - Married
01/2014 - FLR(M)

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:02:03 AM »
Sent my application express mail to LA Consulate 8/4
Confirmed through tracker it was on route to delivery in LA 8/5
I did priority so I should hear something soon...I hope???

This is so stressful! Has anybody else used priority for the LA consulate? How long did it take for them to email you? Thanks!

I'm going to be sending my application priority to LA next week, so I'm interested to see when you get yours. I hope you get it soon!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 03:27:00 AM »
For me:

16 July (Friday)- Biometrics, and posted to NY Consulate, using priority service.
19 July (Monday)- FedEx tracker says package has been delivered
20 July (Tuesday)- Email from consulate saying application has been received
20 July (Tuesday)- Email saying visa has been issued
22 July (Thursday)- Picked up visa from local UPS (after 2 failed delivery attempts)

5 August (Thursday)-  STILL trying to correct the information on my visa as issued--(the valid until date is 2 months short of what it's supposed to be)

Overall--Happy with the priority service, but highly disappointed in the time it has taken to correct (or even for NY to admit!) the mistake that was made.  The UKBA in London has agreed that there's an error, but we're still working on the ny consulate....ugh! when will it end?!
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »
For me:

16 July (Friday)- Biometrics, and posted to NY Consulate, using priority service.
19 July (Monday)- FedEx tracker says package has been delivered
20 July (Tuesday)- Email from consulate saying application has been received
20 July (Tuesday)- Email saying visa has been issued
22 July (Thursday)- Picked up visa from local UPS (after 2 failed delivery attempts)

5 August (Thursday)-  STILL trying to correct the information on my visa as issued--(the valid until date is 2 months short of what it's supposed to be)

Overall--Happy with the priority service, but highly disappointed in the time it has taken to correct (or even for NY to admit!) the mistake that was made.  The UKBA in London has agreed that there's an error, but we're still working on the ny consulate....ugh! when will it end?!

My exact thoughts, when will it end?!! :(

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab