Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Can you get birth control pills from a walk-in centre?  (Read 7429 times)

• Liked: 0
Can you get birth control pills from a walk-in centre?
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »
I'm running low on my supply, but I work full-time and don't really have time to make an appointment with my GP. All the family planning clinics require appointments as well and the ones that don't are at inconvenient times for me. I live a short walk from a walk-in centre and it would be great if I could just go on Saturday to pick up a prescription. Thanks!

• Liked: 3
Re: Can you get birth control pills from a walk-in centre?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 03:29:02 PM »
I believe so but give them a call to find out
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 11:05:10 PM »
I'm not sure, my local one has treatments and advice for women's health problems, thrush and menstrual advice, but doesn't offer pills at all.

Have you checked - http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearchAdditional.aspx?ServiceType=WalkInCentre, to see if the services offered are listed or the practice's website?
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »
Our local walk in centre in Derby will not issue prescriptions of any sort. They will refer you to your GP. Contact your GP and they may just re issue your script without a visit (they've done that for me before) and also many surgeries have long hours on a few days of the week so you may be able to do that. Otherwise you're going to have to bite the bullet and just take some time off for an appointment since it's not something you want to run out of.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab