Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 30 Day Shred  (Read 10329 times)

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
Re: 30 Day Shred
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 02:11:27 PM »
I started level 2 today and I don't know how I'm going to do all of the plank exercises. I have tendonitis in my wrists and even just doing the pushups in the last level I had to be really careful  :-\\\\  I did the plank twists leaning against a wall but I don't feel like I worked my abs at all doing it that way. I guess I can keep doing bicycle crunches, but even without that my wrists ache.

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »
Started today...z...o...m...g

I got through the entire workout but collapsed into a sewaty heap afterwards, so feel pretty rubbish about that, my pushups are pretty dire, I just realised how weak my arms out, had to switch down to my 0.7kg handweights halfway through so that's a bit rubbish. Feel like this DVD is kicking my ars* a bit :/

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 07:19:23 AM »
I fell off the wagon last week because DH has been off on Holiday...

BUT! Starting first thing tomorrow morning I'll be back at it. Maybe it's a good thing because my knee feels pretty good now.

Started today...z...o...m...g

I got through the entire workout but collapsed into a sewaty heap afterwards, so feel pretty rubbish about that, my pushups are pretty dire, I just realised how weak my arms out, had to switch down to my 0.7kg handweights halfway through so that's a bit rubbish. Feel like this DVD is kicking my ars* a bit :/

It's supposed to! I don't use handweights and I'm still getting a good workout, once I know my knee is OK I'll start using them and I know I'm in for some pain.

Good for you CB keep it up!

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
I need to get back on the bandwagon...my stomach finally feels OK again so movement isn't torture any more, so I suppose that excuse is gone.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 11:19:54 AM »
I fell off the wagon last week because DH has been off on Holiday...

BUT! Starting first thing tomorrow morning I'll be back at it. Maybe it's a good thing because my knee feels pretty good now.

It's supposed to! I don't use handweights and I'm still getting a good workout, once I know my knee is OK I'll start using them and I know I'm in for some pain.

Good for you CB keep it up!

I'm in awe that you're even contemplating doing it with bad knees, let alone sticking with it as well as you have! It's killer! :)

You watch it and think it looks easy and old school, but man alive, I guess she really did earn those abs, she's not even slightly tired or out of breath on level 1.

I'm fine today which is good, I thought I'd feel stiff but actually I'm pretty good. I like the level of work out as well, afterwards I feel out of breath but not dead and about half an hour afterwards  I get the endorphins running :)

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
I picked it up again today after slacking most of last week. I have bad wrists so I can't do the plank stuff and with my modifications I wasn't getting the sore everywhere feeling so I felt it wasn't worth it :(  I'd sit up in bed and be sad that my abs weren't screaming at me. I was also frustrated because I wasn't remembering from day to day what the new exercises were so I kept having to stop and watch the screen to see what they were doing and that was frustrating, too  :-\\\\

But I went back down to level 1 today, trying to do the full exercises and not the easier modifications, and I'll try moving up again in a few days :)  And then I'll go on holiday for the weekend...

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
Okay so I got through 100% again yesterday with 4x5 second breaks, I'm really proud of myself as I'm a real fatty and I pushed through that mid point cardio hump :)

Today I'm quite stiff in my quads and my arms, I'm using the 0.7Kg Handweights rather than the 1.2Kg, as they were absolutely killing me.

Can you take rests?  ;) I'm trying to make it through to Friday, where I'll ride my bike rather than doing the DVD.

Jeebus, I *hate* Jillian and her ridiculous abs!

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
I think that as long as you're doing something else, skipping a day is fine, though you may not get results as quickly as you might otherwise? Just remember - this video replaces "hours of phoning it it at the gym" - so leave your cellphone in your locker.

I did all of the bicycle crunches today without A. putting my feet down (standard crunch position), B. taking a break or C. removing my shoes!

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
OK I'm back at it after a week off...I blame DH, he was on holiday  :P

I did a nice long walk with DD this morning and then did level 1 (no handweights per the advice of my GP) no modifications (except the girly pushups) and my knee's feel alright. So the time off has helped!

I got to the end of it and was thinking 'was that it'...kind of disappointing I wasn't a heap of sweaty mess like I was the first time I did it. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. :-\\\\

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »
OK I'm back at it after a week off...I blame DH, he was on holiday  :P

I did a nice long walk with DD this morning and then did level 1 (no handweights per the advice of my GP) no modifications (except the girly pushups) and my knee's feel alright. So the time off has helped!

I got to the end of it and was thinking 'was that it'...kind of disappointing I wasn't a heap of sweaty mess like I was the first time I did it. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. :-\\\\

You're probably just more fit now than when you first started! Congrats!  ;D I did it just three times a week for a couple of weeks (just level one) and it did get a lot easier after doing it several times, though the first few times really are killer!

I'm going to try starting it up again tomorrow after my new sports bra is delivered. I positively HATE jumping jacks, so I may have to modify that to running in place or something else just to get through it.  ;) It's actually a lot like Davina's Super Body Workout, but that one is twice as long and just slightly less pain inducing.  ;)

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 05:02:06 PM »
Ok I'm counting yesterday as Day one (a week off will reset day count methinks  :P) so today is Day two...I felt it today, I was able to do ALL the exercises and only modified the pushups!  ;D Still no hand weights for at least this week per GP advise, that being said my chest & arms are sore!

And the bonus, I only gained 1lb during DH's holiday week even though I had pizza, chinese, mushy peas & nasty burgers...ah the joys of holidays & going to the Goose Fair!

I can't wait to do it tomorrow!  :D

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 05:36:20 PM »
Ok I'm counting yesterday as Day one (a week off will reset day count methinks  :P) so today is Day two...I felt it today, I was able to do ALL the exercises and only modified the pushups!  ;D Still no hand weights for at least this week per GP advise, that being said my chest & arms are sore!

And the bonus, I only gained 1lb during DH's holiday week even though I had pizza, chinese, mushy peas & nasty burgers...ah the joys of holidays & going to the Goose Fair!

I can't wait to do it tomorrow!  :D

Yay!  :D I didn't do it today, went for a long walk instead. Maybe I can gear up for it tomorrow.. or put it off until next week.  :P

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
Had a bit of a frustrating morning today...DH was in a mood again, trying to potty train DD which is turning out to be a complete failure, so I just took my frustrations out on my workout today. Day 3, with weights (against my GP's advice) and I think that I'm gonna feel it later.

But, results are happening, I've lost the weight I put on over last week and am down an extra pound as well! I'm just glad that I have this to help with when I'm feeling 'eeerrrggghhh!!!!' or else I'd be into the bag of Doritos that's in the kitchen from last week and down to Farm Foods for a nasty £1 pizza just for me...so progress I guess.

Edited because I can't spell today  :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:35:03 AM by WebyJ »

• British by descent
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »
Well done, Weby!
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
I'm so jealous :( I know I'm getting stronger 'cause, hey I can do things I couldn't do when I started, but I haven't lost any weight :(

Sponsored Links