Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where Did My Ticker Go??  (Read 1670 times)

• Liked: 2
Where Did My Ticker Go??
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »
I usually get a PM from someone telling me my Ticker has to be taken down for some reason but I haven't gotten anything like that this time!! :( I didnt know where to put this so thats why its here!! ???

Re: Where Did My Ticker Go??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:39:30 AM »
I usually get a PM from someone telling me my Ticker has to be taken down for some reason but I haven't gotten anything like that this time!! :( I didnt know where to put this so thats why its here!! ???

The forum hasn't removed the ticker, looks like it's broken at the Ticker source. So either the website where it's hosted has gone down or there's some sort of issue with it.

It's still showing up as there (i.e the code to display the ticker is still in your signature) it's just not displaying which means it's a problem with the ticker not the forum.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »
Good info to know - thanks CB!

I know there have been issues in the past with tickers being removed (by the forum admin - Leah) because the ticker websites were corrupt & as a result potentially causing issues with this website.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »
Good info to know - thanks CB!

I know there have been issues in the past with tickers being removed (by the forum admin - Leah) because the ticker websites were corrupt & as a result potentially causing issues with this website.

A lot of those ticker sites are really dodgy anyway and can do sneaky redirects and cause security issues.
In any forum I've admin-ed I've normally disabled anything like that (scripts etc) just so it doesn't cause me any headaches later, Leah is obviously more patient/generous then I am! :)

Looks like Shugga's ticker is displaying again which confirms that it was an issue with the
ticker source and not the forum.

Right, I'm turning signatures off again and ducking out :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »
Thanks CB I thought it was weird & annoying that no one me sent a PM for taking off my ticker I have no issues if the ticker is corrupt. I now see that that my ticker is back thanks for the info.  ;)  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab