Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: stressed out and need help dealing with tax return.  (Read 844 times)

• Life is an Adventure
  • Liked: 0
stressed out and need help dealing with tax return.
« on: August 23, 2004, 11:58:46 AM »
I need help so I can get this income tax thing taken care of and stop being so stressed out.  Okay here is the deal. I have not changed my name yet to my married name. I only have taxes from the US from last year. moved here in September. Helen has stated that I can file in my name as it was before I married. Okay if I do that and they send it here to me in the UK how can I cash the check. I have a bank account here in my name as a hyphenated name of my old last name and my new. I do not have an account in the US. I foolishly let my saving account close and they will not reopen it unless I am there. I have considered having my son open a joint account with me and him on it and having it direct deposited so it will be there when I get there in November. My account was in CA but my son lives in Arkansas and they is where I will be visiting most.  What advice does anyone have for me on this. I am so tired of worrying about it and trying to figure out what to do. I am not ready to send my passport and change my name as I am trying to get a job and need it. Please Help!! I want this resolved and I need the money.   Want to use it for a shopping spree in the states when I go home and I need to set up a way to pay off a college loan.Yes they owe me money. :)  Thanks for your Help

Kitty
Be true to yourself.

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Re: stressed out and need help dealing with tax return.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 08:00:52 PM »
It sounds like it might be a good idea to reopen an account in the US>.i currently have a student loan that i have been repaying for a year...i make payments online directly from my us checking account...also when i received a refund from the IRS i had it paid directly into my account...maybe you could even check out your bank in CA online and see if it is possible to open an account online?  also if the IRS sends you a refund check it mite be good for 90 days...or so?  then you could cash it and open an account when in the US>..???
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab