Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513596 times)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #6150 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »
Christ , what a waste of time.  I'd do what I can to get paid and then fire them as clients, and as friends.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #6151 on: October 18, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »
I would try and be sort of sanguine about it. It comes with the territory, and a lot of businesses/people factor paying late into their practices. Hell, Walmart makes you wait about 4 months now from invoice I hear.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 68
« Reply #6152 on: October 18, 2016, 07:59:14 PM »
Christ , what a waste of time.  I'd do what I can to get paid and then fire them as clients, and as friends.

I'm doing my best :-( I'm very new at this and feel put into a difficult situation so early on...

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6153 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »
I'm doing my best :-( I'm very new at this and feel put into a difficult situation so early on...

I really feel for you BriKH, it's such an awkward situation. At the risk of stating the obvious, I'd stay away from having friends as clients in the future if I were you!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #6154 on: October 19, 2016, 10:49:48 AM »
And know that we've all been there. 

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6155 on: February 21, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
I am literally awake because I took a late shower and I am waiting or my hair to dry.

Yes, I could use a blow dryer... but then my hair ends up straight and I'm liking the waviness it's got at the moment.

Also. I hate waiting. They took payment for my 2nd FLR (M) and now... I wait for the invitation for biometrics.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6156 on: February 22, 2017, 07:51:29 AM »
Not my 24 hours! I forgot my umbrella and it's raining today. I have a 15 minute walk to work... sigh.

Drowned rat is a good look for me, right?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6157 on: February 22, 2017, 07:59:53 AM »
I am literally awake because I took a late shower and I am waiting or my hair to dry.

Yes, I could use a blow dryer... but then my hair ends up straight and I'm liking the waviness it's got at the moment.

Also. I hate waiting. They took payment for my 2nd FLR (M) and now... I wait for the invitation for biometrics.

My mom got me this hair turban thing made of microfibres cloth off amazon, wearing it for an hour or so with wet hair seems to take most of the wetness out. I haven't used a hairdryer since. Sometimes I even sleep in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6158 on: February 22, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »
My mom got me this hair turban thing made of microfibres cloth off amazon, wearing it for an hour or so with wet hair seems to take most of the wetness out. I haven't used a hairdryer since. Sometimes I even sleep in it.

Can also vouch for the hair turbans. Absolutely love them! Got one of mine in poundland I think! haha the other came with some beauty set or something (can't remember) but both work equally as well so it doesn't need to be overly expensive or anything :)

I've definitely been there...when you put a lot of effort in to sorting your hair out (like I will straighten my hair and then look outside and see it's starting to rain and turning into a downpour). It's times like those that I just think "F**k it. I'm gonna messy bun it when it gets overly wet!" (my hair is shorter now so it's I always have bits flying out all over the place and my fringe needs to be pinned back but all you can do is just laugh and embrace it. I end up thinking "Is this real life? Of course it is...because only I would have this type of sh*t luck today!" haha

Glad to hear you got your docs submitted though Lyonaria! I know it was a bit chaotic and stressful for you with that :( Hopefully they are speedy with the processing! Even when you know it's unlikely they will reject, I know at least my brain always go straight to the "but what if"'s. In hindsight, you at least have to laugh at the irony that you waited up for your hair to dry just to have it p*ss down!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 21
« Reply #6159 on: February 25, 2017, 12:44:15 PM »
Haven't had the best time with illness the past couple months. Usually I just get a cold each winter and that's it. I had a nasty virus and ear infection while I was visiting my family in the US over the holidays. Now, I'm just getting over tonsillitis. After feeling better after a few days of being sick and exhausted, I all at once get: two painful canker sores in my mouth, a cold sore (which I NEVER get.. in fact I think this is only the second one I've had in my life), and an acne breakout on my cheek. What the heck? Needless to say, I'm not feeling the prettiest today. If my body can stop hating me that'd be great.
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

« Reply #6160 on: February 25, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »

Very cool! I just have really thick/fine hair that seems to hold onto moisture. It would take a long time to air dry back in Colorado with absolutely no humidity.

« Reply #6161 on: February 25, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
Haven't had the best time with illness the past couple months. Usually I just get a cold each winter and that's it. I had a nasty virus and ear infection while I was visiting my family in the US over the holidays. Now, I'm just getting over tonsillitis. After feeling better after a few days of being sick and exhausted, I all at once get: two painful canker sores in my mouth, a cold sore (which I NEVER get.. in fact I think this is only the second one I've had in my life), and an acne breakout on my cheek. What the heck? Needless to say, I'm not feeling the prettiest today. If my body can stop hating me that'd be great.

Bummer! so sorry to hear that! It's never fun when your body seems to be hating on you and causing all sorts of not nice things.

« Reply #6162 on: February 25, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
Can also vouch for the hair turbans. Absolutely love them! Got one of mine in poundland I think! haha the other came with some beauty set or something (can't remember) but both work equally as well so it doesn't need to be overly expensive or anything :)

I've definitely been there...when you put a lot of effort in to sorting your hair out (like I will straighten my hair and then look outside and see it's starting to rain and turning into a downpour). It's times like those that I just think "F**k it. I'm gonna messy bun it when it gets overly wet!" (my hair is shorter now so it's I always have bits flying out all over the place and my fringe needs to be pinned back but all you can do is just laugh and embrace it. I end up thinking "Is this real life? Of course it is...because only I would have this type of sh*t luck today!" haha

Glad to hear you got your docs submitted though Lyonaria! I know it was a bit chaotic and stressful for you with that :( Hopefully they are speedy with the processing! Even when you know it's unlikely they will reject, I know at least my brain always go straight to the "but what if"'s. In hindsight, you at least have to laugh at the irony that you waited up for your hair to dry just to have it p*ss down!

Haha, I know right? Like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

It's nice to have it in but you do sit there and just worry cause there is a possibility they say no because I messed something up.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6163 on: February 26, 2017, 02:27:27 PM »
Haha, I know right? Like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

It's nice to have it in but you do sit there and just worry cause there is a possibility they say no because I messed something up.

Yeah I tried to just focus on the fact that even if I did some stupid mistake to mess it up and have it rejected, at least it was buying me more time to sort it all out as you can appeal the rejected from inside the country I believe (might have misread). Even when you know you've not got much to fear, it's still stressful and you don't feel like you're ever in the clear until you have the paper stating so! And it's frustrating to have people tell you to just stop worrying about it because it's basically a definite yes as they don't understand that you *want* to be able to stop stressing!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 68
« Reply #6164 on: March 09, 2017, 09:12:25 AM »
Apparently my MIL is telling people that I haven't changed my last name because I dislike the family (this is not true - not even anything we have ever discussed.)

She is also saying that when she came to drop off my husband's birthday present, a day I was full of flu and she came unannounced, she said that I shut the door to the living room to make her feel unwelcomed (this was also not true. My husband shut the door to the living room himself BEFORE he answered the front door because he knew I was ill and he did not want to invite her in).

Just so annoyed and needed to rant!

Sponsored Links