Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513501 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #6165 on: March 09, 2017, 10:00:21 AM »
Apparently my MIL is telling people that I haven't changed my last name because I dislike the family (this is not true - not even anything we have ever discussed.)

She is also saying that when she came to drop off my husband's birthday present, a day I was full of flu and she came unannounced, she said that I shut the door to the living room to make her feel unwelcomed (this was also not true. My husband shut the door to the living room himself BEFORE he answered the front door because he knew I was ill and he did not want to invite her in).

Just so annoyed and needed to rant!

Ugh.  I'm annoyed for you!!

• Liked: 68
« Reply #6166 on: March 09, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »
Trust the day I complain about her, I bump into her and my husband's aunt while I ran into Asda real quick for laundry detergent. Typical! Husband's aunt (who I adore) seemed really pleased to see me. She stopped for two seconds to say a quick hello but his mother? Nah, she just kept walking.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6167 on: March 09, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »
Trust the day I complain about her, I bump into her and my husband's aunt while I ran into Asda real quick for laundry detergent. Typical! Husband's aunt (who I adore) seemed really pleased to see me. She stopped for two seconds to say a quick hello but his mother? Nah, she just kept walking.

WHAT?!?  That's crazy!  Like genuinely crazy!

« Reply #6168 on: March 09, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
WHAT?!?  That's crazy!  Like genuinely crazy!

I genuinely did nothing for her to act like that, but apparently she has a chip on her shoulder for not being invited to my husband's surprise birthday party with his friends. They're not even close but she wants to be included.

• Liked: 111
« Reply #6169 on: March 09, 2017, 11:44:03 PM »
I genuinely did nothing for her to act like that, but apparently she has a chip on her shoulder for not being invited to my husband's surprise birthday party with his friends. They're not even close but she wants to be included.

Oh man, what terrible behavior from a grown woman. I'm sorry that you're in the middle of that mess :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6170 on: March 10, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »
Apparently my MIL is telling people that I haven't changed my last name because I dislike the family (this is not true - not even anything we have ever discussed.)

She is also saying that when she came to drop off my husband's birthday present, a day I was full of flu and she came unannounced, she said that I shut the door to the living room to make her feel unwelcomed (this was also not true. My husband shut the door to the living room himself BEFORE he answered the front door because he knew I was ill and he did not want to invite her in).

Who is she telling this stuff too?! That's so irritating! You should check out https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/ as I think you'd find some comfort with people dealing with similar bull that you're dealing with!

Just so annoyed and needed to rant!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #6171 on: March 11, 2017, 04:01:05 PM »
Thanks for that x0Kiss. I needed to see some of those especially since this has now exploded into something more than just an "inconvenient annoyance!"

« Reply #6172 on: March 12, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
Thanks for that x0Kiss. I needed to see some of those especially since this has now exploded into something more than just an "inconvenient annoyance!"

No worries! Hearing stories on this thread about horrible in-laws always reminds me of stuff I read on that subreddit but I never thought to share it before! I should have shared it sooner really as it can be a reallllly great resource for support with crummy in-laws! Sorry you have to deal with this :(
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6173 on: April 02, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »
My Galaxy 6 Edge updated it's OS to Nougat a few days ago and it's driving me a little bit mental.

There's been some big changes and some small ones that are annoying me. Different icons for various notifications includibg email, texts, tweets. And the camera is completely different. I wish I had known before I let it update.

The only positive... I can use tilt shift again in Instagram! Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6174 on: April 03, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »
My Galaxy 6 Edge updated it's OS to Nougat a few days ago and it's driving me a little bit mental.

There's been some big changes and some small ones that are annoying me. Different icons for various notifications includibg email, texts, tweets. And the camera is completely different. I wish I had known before I let it update.

The only positive... I can use tilt shift again in Instagram! Haha.

I feel your pain. Mine updated finally a few weeks ago and I hate it.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #6175 on: April 03, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
This is the dumbest of annoyances, but a purple bricks for sale sign went up in front of my building and I can't figure out which flat it's for!  It hasn't been uploaded to their site yet.  I really want to know which neighbor is being replaced (and also look at the real estate listing of the flat for sale).  I wonder how long it'll take to list!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #6176 on: April 03, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »
I feel your pain. Mine updated finally a few weeks ago and I hate it.

It's totally crappy. Haha.

But I shall live and probably go back to apple... I hate the autocorrect on this phone.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6177 on: April 03, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
This is the dumbest of annoyances, but a purple bricks for sale sign went up in front of my building and I can't figure out which flat it's for!  It hasn't been uploaded to their site yet.  I really want to know which neighbor is being replaced (and also look at the real estate listing of the flat for sale).  I wonder how long it'll take to list!

I'd be curious too, hoping it was a neighbor I didn't like, haha!

It's totally crappy. Haha.

But I shall live and probably go back to apple... I hate the autocorrect on this phone.

My autocorrect used to "learn" words, like my name which always gets "corrected", but since my phone updated, it won't now! And it hates curse words :-P

« Reply #6178 on: April 03, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »

My autocorrect used to "learn" words, like my name which always gets "corrected", but since my phone updated, it won't now! And it hates curse words :-P

Mine still remembers my curse words! Haha. And my name, it's not the typical spelling.

« Reply #6179 on: April 04, 2017, 08:56:58 AM »

Mine seems to never remember my curse words!  >:(
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab