Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513619 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #6420 on: August 23, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »

Yes Amazon Prime has saved us here too! Luckily I'm pretty plain in my shampoo needs. I just use head and shoulders for shampoo and herbal essense for conditioner. Girl where do you live? If your nearby I could give you a lift on the weekend? Ooooh no, tell me about the increase in visa fees! I didn't know! I will have been here a year in October so I still have some time but we have been saving for it thinking it will be roughly the same cost.

Prime is literally the best money we've ever spent I think! We order SO much online that it's easily paid for itself within a week!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6421 on: August 23, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
Instead of an inconvenient annoyance... just an annoyance for the day.

For some reason my husbands jeans keep ripping in the crotch. Regardless of brand... ripped wide open in the crotch. I don't understand why or what he is doing for this to happen.

I sent him off to buy new jeans yesterday and this morning he showed them to me as he was leaving for work. Honestly, I didn't know what to say other than "those aren't work appropriate". He responded with he doesn't have a dress code and can wear whatever.

My husband is 5'2, is bald and has a big round belly. He bought skinny jeans with rips across the legs from the thighs down to under the knee.

I've been trying to process his decision all day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #6422 on: August 23, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
Instead of an inconvenient annoyance... just an annoyance for the day.

For some reason my husbands jeans keep ripping in the crotch. Regardless of brand... ripped wide open in the crotch. I don't understand why or what he is doing for this to happen.

I sent him off to buy new jeans yesterday and this morning he showed them to me as he was leaving for work. Honestly, I didn't know what to say other than "those aren't work appropriate". He responded with he doesn't have a dress code and can wear whatever.

My husband is 5'2, is bald and has a big round belly. He bought skinny jeans with rips across the legs from the thighs down to under the knee.

I've been trying to process his decision all day.

....maybe he thought the leg rips would take away from the eventual crotch rip so that nobody would notice??  ;D
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6423 on: August 23, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »
....maybe he thought the leg rips would take away from the eventual crotch rip so that nobody would notice??  ;D
I'm crying! Lolol.

He's 47 and somehow still lives under the idea he is a 19 year old goth. Bless his heart.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #6424 on: August 23, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
Texas Peach, that was an epic rant!  I don't care a jot about make up, but by the end of that I was ready to grab a pitchfork and head out onto the streets. 

One thing, what does the A in WTAF mean?  If you can teach me a new swear word I'll be forever in your debt.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6425 on: August 23, 2017, 12:47:01 PM »
What the actual f*ck

😉
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #6426 on: August 23, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
I really feel you on the makeup thing!  My preferred mascara and lipstick are both sephora brand so they're not over here.  I miss you, Sephora Liquid Lip Stain!  Some of the brands they carry that I like (Kat von D) are over here which is nice but it was also nice to build up points and get a little gift every few visits at Sephora.  And I'm glad I stocked up on rollerball perfumes in the states before moving because other than my favorite (Daisy) they don't seem to have any of the brands that I like.  The ones they have smell really heavy and floral if you know what I mean.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6427 on: August 23, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
I miss you, Sephora Liquid Lip Stain!

That is the only thing I have ever bought at Sephora, but I loved it! I hate lipstick, but I like my lips to have a bit of colour.  So I'd apply the stain, then I'd just use my regular lip balm (Burt's Bees) throughout the day.  I bought it in 2011, and have run out, understandably.  But it was good while it lasted.

And I'm glad I stocked up on rollerball perfumes in the states before moving because other than my favorite (Daisy) they don't seem to have any of the brands that I like.  The ones they have smell really heavy and floral if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean about perfume, which is why I rarely use it.  But I did discover a "solid scent" thing (at Gap, of all places) in my grad school days.  I bought one tin at an outlet mall and loved it, but when it ran out, I learned that it was discontinued and I couldn't get anymore.  BUT a friend knew I was looking for it, and she sourced a tin and gave it to me for my birthday ... um... in 2011... she's the same friend who brought me to Sephora for my one and only visit.  Hrm.  Maybe she was trying to tell me something.  ;)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6428 on: August 23, 2017, 06:03:18 PM »
It's not cheap, but Sephora does ship here to the UK. I think they may even do free shipping if you buy enough.

I love their lip again too. I bought it in red. It doesn't last as long as I'd like though... maybe 4-5 hours? And reapply doesn't go well. Haha. My Burts Bees takes it off...

I've been wanting to try that matte Rimmel London lip stuff. It looks like it might be comparable. It has really good reviews!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6429 on: August 23, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
It's not cheap, but Sephora does ship here to the UK. I think they may even do free shipping if you buy enough.

I love their lip again too. I bought it in red. It doesn't last as long as I'd like though... maybe 4-5 hours? And reapply doesn't go well. Haha. My Burts Bees takes it off...

I've been wanting to try that matte Rimmel London lip stuff. It looks like it might be comparable. It has really good reviews!

Really?  I thought the matte lipstick was just that... lipstick, but without any shine to it.  Is it more of a stain?

• Liked: 116
« Reply #6430 on: August 23, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
I havent really had to reapply the sephora stuff. Maybe once or twice. From chatting to other ladies it seems some of us have good chemistry with it and others don't i guess.

But I do put chapstick on top lol.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #6431 on: August 23, 2017, 07:17:17 PM »
I havent really had to reapply the sephora stuff. Maybe once or twice. From chatting to other ladies it seems some of us have good chemistry with it and others don't i guess.

But I do put chapstick on top lol.

Same.  The colour was pretty good all day for me.  I had to put some kind of lip balm (Burt's for me), because the stain seemed to dry my lips out.  But it was worth it to have the colour without a gross coating of lipstick on my lips.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #6432 on: August 23, 2017, 08:26:32 PM »
Texas Peach, that was an epic rant!  I don't care a jot about make up, but by the end of that I was ready to grab a pitchfork and head out onto the streets. 

One thing, what does the A in WTAF mean?  If you can teach me a new swear word I'll be forever in your debt.

Ya I know, I got pretty dramatic there lol! It's just when the moment hits and you remember you're in a different country, it gets irritating lol!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #6433 on: August 23, 2017, 08:34:09 PM »
We don't know for sure what the new fees will be, but the fees have been going up about 25% every year. They actually change just in time for the new tax year in April. Sometimes they tell us early, this year they put them out a week or so before they changed. You can take a look at the 2017 fees vs the ones you paid last year.

25%?! Sweet baby Jesus, I'm afraid to look... Felt like it was ridiculously expensive the first time around, as it was.

« Reply #6434 on: August 23, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »
My favourite stuff from Sephora is their Lip balm stuff (it's not quite lip balm but that's the best way for me to describe it). It makes my lips nice and soft and smells like sugar cookies! SO good! There's also lip gloss that goes with it to add some shine and I have some of that and it works well. Almost bought some Tarte lipstick last month when I was in the US from Sephora because it had the nicest mix of shine and a lighttttt colour to it (so it was almost like a tinted gloss in lipstick form). The packaging was all mermaid-y so it looked nice as well. I was soo broke with all the money I was spending on my friend's wedding though that I literally knew I shouldn't spend any money I didn't need to so I didn't get it...
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links