Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 514654 times)

• Liked: 770
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #6810 on: December 17, 2017, 02:02:57 AM »
I've literally never had problems with it, and with all my allergies that's rare! But the genetic condition I comes with elastic skin so that could be part of why it works so well for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I don't have a problem with it either but my daughter does. It dries her skin out worse than not using anything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 958
« Reply #6811 on: December 17, 2017, 04:01:49 AM »
I don't have a problem with it either but my daughter does. It dries her skin out worse than not using anything.

Ahh interesting. Learn something new every day! :) My friend makes a lotion bar w/ shea butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter and just enough wax to hold it together and they are magical in the winter for hands.

For the other issue, I'm glad you have a thick skin to manage that. I honestly don't post many photos of myself publicly because I'm terrified something will go viral. All those 90's raver stories & memes have my friends in them and I fear the day I am as well and my parents are like uhhhh... What second life did you have???

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #6812 on: December 17, 2017, 05:54:43 AM »
I have tried it but it isn't magical for me like it is for so many others!  Lots of applications of the nivea lotion, occasionally with Lush brand, are helping a little now.

If you like Nivea, have you tried Nivea Creme?
It's much thicker than the lotion and really does the trick for me. I couldn't be without it!  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6813 on: December 17, 2017, 10:03:35 AM »
It's much thicker than the lotion and really does the trick for me. I couldn't be without it!  :)

I have to mix two products together to get something that works for me. I've always had terribly dry, itchy skin (and get red, scaly, dry patches sometimes). I mix an E45 with a neutrogena body cream. Anything with an alcohol too high up in the ingredient list burns and itches. It was a lot of trial and error and lots of small bottles got thrown out. Husband thinks I'm a bit crazy. haha
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6814 on: December 17, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
Nivea creme is the BEST! My husband coats himself in it. Lol.  But I thought it was fantastic when I lived in the US before I met him. It's so much cheaper to buy here though.

My husband also uses rescue oil on his face. I'm not allowed to touch his face after he applies it because I might leave finger marks. Lmfao.  Crazy man.

I wash my face with oil. I don't use soap. I will use an exfoliant from Boots Botanics a couple times a week though.

« Reply #6815 on: December 17, 2017, 10:09:52 AM »
No, they are my real pictures. I lost 200lbs.

And it's not just on The Daily Mail... something Panda, The Chive and pretty much all the like picked up the story.

Bummer! Those click bait websites are terrible! Sorry that happened. It's definitely best to watermark the sh*t out of your photos OVER the main image. Though you should be able to contact them about taking them down since they have no right to be up. Seriously, there are form letters you can find to send about it.

To be on Reddit you had to host it somewhere, what license did you put it as? If it was a full Creative Commons license they do have the right to use it but they have to link back to you the copyright holder. Which you probably don't want in the first place... :) best of luck!

ETA: a but more info
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:18:53 AM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #6816 on: December 17, 2017, 10:17:34 AM »
Oh no :( I think you can contact the original publisher and Google to take down the photos. It's all usually reprinted from one AP source or similar. Being in the EU actually may help you here, their digital privacy laws are more stringent than the US.

They don't use an AP source for this sort of thing. AP is actual news... And I this... is not. (Mass Communications major here)

This is them literally stealing the exact same photos/story from another website. The Link she gave us has a Bored Panda watermark on ALL of the images. That just shows you that the daily fail ripped it straight from Bored Panda because it was a popular "article". So stupid and shows their lack of integrity.

« Reply #6817 on: December 17, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
They don't use an AP source for this sort of thing. AP is actual news... And I this... is not. (Mass Communications major here)

This is them literally stealing the exact same photos/story from another website. The Link she gave us has a Bored Panda watermark on ALL of the images. That just shows you that the daily fail ripped it straight from Bored Panda because it was a popular "article". So stupid and shows their lack of integrity.
And Bored Panda stole all the pics from Reddit. Lol. It's a cycle and can be expected if you post anything online.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6818 on: December 17, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
My pic was hijacked from Reddit and is being spread around the internets. Making someone else money. Lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5175065/Transformations-weight-loss-does-face.html

I noticed another guy from Reddit as well! Somebody I went to high school with had her photos used for a similar "article" on extreme hair transformations...No idea where they got her photos from either. Unfortunately not much you can do with this kind of thing (depending on where they grab your photos from) but irritating nonetheless.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6819 on: December 17, 2017, 06:42:52 PM »
This is such a tiny inconvenience but it does get annoying.  Our heater in this flat works really well (goodbye to the storage heater in our old place!) but it really dries out my skin.  I guess I have to up my moisturizer game.  But ALSO the whole flat gets some condensation and whatnot and we're constantly running around drying it out and airing everything out to prevent mold.  I generally don't mind winter but these two little things flare up on the same days and I have to keep on top of them!

I feel you on the condensation. Our upstairs is so bad that the windows drip in the bathroom. I was waking up with terrible headaches for weeks. One day I opened my sheer curtains in our bedroom (window is behind bed and we literally only sleep in there we spend our time downstairs) to the window covered in black mold. It wasn't there when we moved in, but ever since I've cleaned it up there been no headaches. Thus hand creams been my saviour this winter but I slather it on multiple times a day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6820 on: December 17, 2017, 06:44:34 PM »
No, they are my real pictures. I lost 200lbs.

And it's not just on The Daily Mail... something Panda, The Chive and pretty much all the like picked up the story.

That's terrible, but on a positive you look great

« Reply #6821 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:30 PM »

Thanks!

A few years ago I was featured in a popular diet book series and my ex boyfriend from 1993 received a flyer in the post with my picture on it for the book. He sent me a message through Facebook asking if I was stalking him in some weird fashion.  He lived in Connecticut and I lived in North Carolina.  Lmfao.

« Reply #6822 on: December 18, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »
Thanks!

A few years ago I was featured in a popular diet book series and my ex boyfriend from 1993 received a flyer in the post with my picture on it for the book. He sent me a message through Facebook asking if I was stalking him in some weird fashion.  He lived in Connecticut and I lived in North Carolina.  Lmfao.

hahaha sorry but that is hilarious!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #6823 on: December 18, 2017, 11:20:11 AM »

I think so too, they said you've got nice bones. 

I agree with your lack of concern about click bait sites stealing your pictures.   Not worth the aggro to worry about stuff like that.  Just get on with your life.

Had some grits this morning, you are the greatest!

« Reply #6824 on: December 19, 2017, 09:28:09 AM »
Somebody in the office (who apparently also is sitting directly BEHIND me today) is CONSTANTLY SUCKING IN THEIR SNOT! Like just blow your damn nose! It's disgusting to hear you constantly sucking it in!!!! It's driving me up a wall and I only noticed it 5 mins ago but it's happened multiple times in those 5 minutes and I'm losing my mind already...it's only 9:30...it's going to be a longgg day.
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab