Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 510865 times)

• Liked: 1891
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #7515 on: April 21, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »
Ok, my IA for the day....

Today is my brother-in-law’s Birthday. He had no plans and none of his pals had arranged anything, so we offered to take him to dinner or make him a fancy meal. He said a homemade meal would be great, so we planned it all out and went shopping late just to have everything ready. I took off work early to start prepping and to make dessert. Now he is going out with some friends, but will stop by earlier than planned for his dinner!! I’m trying to be understanding, but this REALLY frosts my cookies!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find out where they are going and give them all parking tickets!
He'll think twice about crossing you again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7516 on: April 21, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »

Ha ha!  Best suggestion ever!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #7517 on: April 21, 2018, 12:14:19 PM »
Haha. One foot slipped and I twisted trying to grab for a rail and hit every stair on the way down on the one side. I got tramadol and had a very bad reaction to it. I then fell down the stairs again a week later. It was bad.

Time to move to a bungalow!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7518 on: April 21, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »

You know Rick Stephens is far too nice a guy to do something like that!  ;D

• Liked: 537
« Reply #7519 on: April 21, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »
Time to move to a bungalow!

We had JUST moved into this house and I wasn't used to the very steep staircase and tiny Victorian stairs...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7520 on: April 21, 2018, 08:48:40 PM »
Ugh. Why do people not get allergies? I told my MIL I would bring bread that I know I can eat because she always insists on me having some. She still decided she needed to go shopping for me, bought one I am not able to eat without hives on a good day, and then decided that because its "just a little bit" it would be fine to bread the salmon with. I should have known better than to try and scrape it off since I'd had a really severe perfume reaction on the train here. Thank god for liquid antihistamines.

« Reply #7521 on: April 21, 2018, 08:49:48 PM »
We had JUST moved into this house and I wasn't used to the very steep staircase and tiny Victorian stairs...
I would fall down those too! We are getting a bungalow when we buy. They seem like death traps :(

« Reply #7522 on: April 21, 2018, 08:57:10 PM »
Ugh. Why do people not get allergies? I told my MIL I would bring bread that I know I can eat because she always insists on me having some. She still decided she needed to go shopping for me, bought one I am not able to eat without hives on a good day, and then decided that because its "just a little bit" it would be fine to bread the salmon with. I should have known better than to try and scrape it off since I'd had a really severe perfume reaction on the train here. Thank god for liquid antihistamines.

Hear hear!

Apparently my kids wouldn’t have dairy allergies if we gave them some to build up their tolerence...   ::)

I’m sure their allergies are completely unrelated to the autoimmune disease my husband got from their genes!   ;D

« Reply #7523 on: April 21, 2018, 09:08:03 PM »
Hear hear!

Apparently my kids wouldn’t have dairy allergies if we gave them some to build up their tolerence...   ::)

I’m sure their allergies are completely unrelated to the autoimmune disease my husband got from their genes!   ;D
There's a thing called alpha tryptasemia that they just found a few years ago. There are now 5 generations of people like me in my family. I'm pretty sure I was screwed from the get go, probably from that gene. She didn't understand that not eating wheat wasn't the end of it for me, and she thought that using an epi pen was something you did and then went about your day (without a trip to the ER). But yeah. All the itchiness right now. I need to figure out exactly what is causing this cuz each reaction is getting faster and more severe. At least the tongue swelling went down!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #7524 on: April 22, 2018, 07:54:19 AM »
I would KILL for a bungalow.
So. Sick. Of. Stairs.  [smiley=dead.gif]

« Reply #7525 on: April 22, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »
I would KILL for a bungalow.
So. Sick. Of. Stairs.  [smiley=dead.gif]

Me too!

I think it’s about what you grew up in as well.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #7526 on: April 22, 2018, 11:03:21 AM »
Me too!

I think it’s about what you grew up in as well.

We'll end up in one eventually. Husband has arthritis in his hips, has two new conditions that are his back and spine... *sigh*

I like having a two story house, we only lived on a single floor dwelling for 6 months once. It was okay, but it wasn't a very big house.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7527 on: April 22, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »
I like having stairs! I feel much further away from the rest of the world when I'm upstairs!  ;D

« Reply #7528 on: April 22, 2018, 04:04:59 PM »
I like having stairs! I feel much further away from the rest of the world when I'm upstairs!  ;D
I like stairs, but my hips, knees and ankles don't! So it's either find a place with space for an eventual lift because I will lose my ability to go up them or find a bungalow. I'd rather have the latter :) We picked our car because it has space for a wheelchair or scooter in the boot. Much like what Lyonaria is dealing with, it's a life of necessity when you know it's coming. Best to plan while you can.

Our train home was cancelled so we are now spending an hour on a crowded bus. I am so glad this is the last time this will happen. I'm so done with public transport and not being able to breathe. It's going to take a month to recover from this trip between his mother intentionally serving food she knew I was allergic to and all the people wearing gallons of scent.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #7529 on: April 22, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »
Update: I bought the boots cushion mentioned above.  Thank you for the suggestion!  For general hilarity, I thought I'd let you all know that the woman at Boots was like 'is it normally for PILES' when I asked for help finding it, whispering piles, and now my husband won't stop repeating 'bum pillow' all the time.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab