Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 2389 times)

• Finally back in his arms...
  • Liked: 0
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 11:01:02 PM »
 :o Wow - sorry to hear it's gone like this but as everyone has said LA isn't the kindest of consulates, so I've heard.

They accepted a print out of my bank statements (activity mostly including available balance) when I applied for my visitors visa....this time though I sent February - July of mine as I had not received my August statement before sending off my spousal visa.

Keep us posted, interested to hear how it turn out....hoping it will be good though hun! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya and keep you in my prayers!! Good Luck!!

x x x - Missy  :-*
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 11:22:39 AM »
I didn't have any problems dealing with the LA consulate but I was getting a student visa.  I also applied with fastrack and sent in documents by mail.  I was only living about 7 hrs drive from LA so I knew if I needed to get down there, I could.  It took 12 working days to process but when I called the man I spoke to was nice to me.  I didn't send recent bank statements, I think all I had were April and May (sent my stuff in July) and he told me if there was a problem or they needed more info, they would ring me.

Sorry you got grief about everything.  That blows..  :(
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »
That woman sounds horrible! I've never heard of a British CO being so nasty before. Let's hope lots of people complain about her.  ;D

As to the question US immigration ask about women having ever been a prostitute--I hope they ask the men that too (they can be rent boys)! Is it fair that a woman could be denied a US visa for having once been a prostitute but a man can't?

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 01:23:57 PM »
Well, Squirrel, I hope they don't even ASK the question anymore!  My example was from almost 50 years ago.   :o

After reading all of this about LA, I'm glad I live in the Midwest and will go to Chicago WHEN my time comes to go through something like this.   8)
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2004, 02:00:45 PM »
Well, Squirrel, I hope they don't even ASK the question anymore!  My example was from almost 50 years ago.   :o

After reading all of this about LA, I'm glad I live in the Midwest and will go to Chicago WHEN my time comes to go through something like this.   8)

Well, it still asks if you have ever been a prostitute on the visa waiver form. Ever time I go to the US I have to declare that I have never sold my favours  :-[

• Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 03:05:15 PM »
presumably they hand out the same form to men and womenthough

i can't remember that question being on there but take your word for it, how bizarre! wonder if the UK one has anything like that on it

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 03:13:23 PM »
presumably they hand out the same form to men and womenthough

i can't remember that question being on there but take your word for it, how bizarre! wonder if the UK one has anything like that on it

Well, there is no form to be filled in for non visa nationals coming to the UK, except the 'landing card' which is pretty basic: name, dob etc. I don't think the UK visa applications ask about prostitution though.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 06:38:05 PM »
That woman sounds horrible! I've never heard of a British CO being so nasty before. Let's hope lots of people complain about her.  ;D

Lol, I wasn't about to complain to anybody that day! My fate is in their hands at the moment. You can rest assured that I'm going to complain once I've been notified that my visa has been approved/disapproved.

• Finally back in his arms...
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 08:17:23 PM »
I'm with you completely there, don't say anything while your fate is in their hands but once it's over I'd be *sure* to get the name of their supervisor and how to file a formal complaint!
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

• Global Funk Radio
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 08:28:16 PM »
Okay...I know this is off topic, but I have a question...

Would I have to go into one of these offices to apply for a visa to live in England even though my husband and I have been married for five years here in the US?

If so, I hope that I never get a woman as ugly as the one posted about.   >:(

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 07:20:45 AM »
Okay...I know this is off topic, but I have a question...

Would I have to go into one of these offices to apply for a visa to live in England even though my husband and I have been married for five years here in the US?

If so, I hope that I never get a woman as ugly as the one posted about. >:(

Yes.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 10:00:55 AM »

You would have to apply, *BUT* having cleared the 4 year hurdle, your circumstances would be considerably different - i.e., you can bypass the probationary visa. 

The rules say that they do not have to give their names if they are below a certain rank - which I forget what it is.   So just remember the time and window number.  And the door swings both ways, if you have a particularly positive experience, it's also worth a mention.

Also it's worth remembering that all FCO personnel, both staff and local, are under a general mandate to promote a positive image of the UK.

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2004, 12:59:38 PM »
Get your Brit spouse to make the complaint, more embarrassing for them if it is a British national complaining.

• Global Funk Radio
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2004, 01:18:49 PM »
Thanks for the info Garry  ;)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 02:58:04 AM »
I will be applying for my visa in January, in person, at the New York consulate.  I'm going to see my fiance in November, and we were going two take care of the letters of intent, letters from employer, landlord, then.  Is there going to be a problem because the letters will have been written to months before I apply for the visa?  We will also be making a reservation at the registry at that time. We want to do everything while I am in England, so I can take everything home on the plane with me, and don't have to worry about documents such as his visa and divorce papers getting lost in the mail. I suppose we could post-date the letters, but we can't date a joint letter of intent so that the date is one in which I wasn't in the UK.

I don't understand. Don't the consulate people understand you can't just hop back and forth across the Atlantic whenever you want just so you can get a piece of paper?  In addition to the cost, people have responsibilities at work, home etc.  My visits to the UK have involved arranging vacation time months in advance.  I can't just say to my boss, "Sorry, I have to take a couple of days off next week. I have to go to England to sign a form."

As for changing our minds, we could change our minds after the visa is issued. We could change our minds the day before the wedding. 

I was hoping to get all the paperwork out of the way as early as possible, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I'm confused now.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab