Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fitness Log  (Read 2500 times)

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Fitness Log
« on: February 17, 2011, 02:24:39 AM »
Anyone else want to track their exercise/fitness progress?

I started the Couch to 5K program last week, and am on day 4. (Should be day 5, but jet lag has really been kicking my butt.)

When I started last week, my ~30min (incl. warmup/cooldown) was just over 1.5mi. Today I did 2.0 in the same time. :) I'm pretty excited that by the end of this, I'll be doing over 3.0 miles.

Just need to figure out a good routine that I can stick with - I tend to slack off when I'm tired/sore.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Liked: 0
Re: Fitness Log
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:54:14 AM »
I bought and it's really helping me feel accountable for what I put in my mouth and how much I exercise. 

• Fehr Trade
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »
I started the Couch to 5K program last week, and am on day 4. (Should be day 5, but jet lag has really been kicking my butt.)
Good job - jet lag and unfamiliar routes always through my running way off. I like seeing you on dailymile.com too. :)

I'm happy because it was finally light enough this week to go for a pre-work run yesterday morning - my first midweek run since I went back to work full time in October! Adding in more runs per week really makes my longer Saturday runs feel a TON easier. And I'm loving that ~6.5km is my "quick and easy" run these days, though I know I'm going to have to step it up a bit as it warms up in order to make my sub-50 goal for my 10k at the end of May... I'm really itching to beat my pre-illness Personal Best!
Summer 97 - first visited friends in London
99-00 - studied at Uni of Sussex on exchange
Feb 02 - moved to London on BUNAC
Sep 02 - WP granted (IT skills shortage list)
Sep 04 - WP renewed
Sep 06 - WP renewed again (screwed by 4-5 year ILR change)
Sep 07 - ILR!
March 09 - Citizenship!
July 09 - bone marrow transplant :(
18 Sep 10 - wedding!
Mar 12 - half marathon in Paris! 1:47:12!
Oct 12 - Amsterdam FULL marathon! 3:48:23!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
I use SparkPeople, so I track my food and fitness on there. I have a heart rate monitor, so I manually add the calories I burn. They also have a feature where you can map your run, put in the time, and calculate the calories. I really liked using that before I got my monitor.

I've started running, using my monitor to track my heart rate while I go. I discovered I was running too fast which is why I was burning out so fast. Now if it gets too high I slow down or walk for a minute until it's back in range, then I pick back up again. I find I'm able to run further by doing this.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:35:59 AM »
I'm so annoyed! I had my exercise plan all worked out: run on Monday/Wednesday, go to Curves on Tuesday/Thursday, and pilates video on Friday. Well, my knee is giving me trouble. I know it's because I haven't stretched enough. DH said it's runner's knee and is due to a tight quad muscle. I'm going to do pilates today in an effort to rest my knee and use my yoga strap to do some hardcore stretching. And I think I'll pop a couple ibuprofen. I hope it helps!

• British by descent
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:52:46 PM »
Good luck! I've been slacking off big time while on vacation. I did pretty well at my parents' house since they have a treadmill, but I had zero motivation to go running here in MI. My aunt/uncle went yesterday, though. (Do you get credit for exercise by proxy? ;))

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 02:59:15 PM »
(Do you get credit for exercise by proxy? ;))

I wish! My husband goes running everyday except Wednesday. I'd be super fit by now!

• British by descent
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
So I've been completely slacking thanks to travel, moving, laziness, illness, insert-other-excuse-here.

Yesterday I popped in one of the Insanity workout DVDs and went through that. Whoa, nellie. I skipped about 10 minutes at the end because I was so worn out, and I'm already sore this morning (the next couple of days should be fun!)

I think I'm going to leave the Insanity DVDs for a bit and focus on the couch to 5k and free weights for now, so that I can get back to general good fitness. Hopefully in a couple of months I can re-try the Insanity ones again.

I printed off a bunch of calendars and tracking logs today, so I'm hoping having to-do list type things will help me (I like checking things off ;)).

Sponsored Links