Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shine!  (Read 1352 times)

• Liked: 0
Shine!
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
I am signing up for the London one, once RBS gets their sh*t together and the worldpay site starts accepting any of my cards (which are all current...so, wtf, worldpay?  let me try to do something for cancer research, jeez)

http://shine.cancerresearchuk.org/about-shine/what-is-shine

Anyone else interested in just taking a hell of a long walk in the middle of the night? 

Re: Shine!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »
Actually, I'd be up for that, I wanted to do it last year but wasn't organised enough :) Would give me a good goal to work towards :)

Are you doing 26 or 13 miles?

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:48:05 AM »
I'm going to do the 26.  I did the Avon one in NY some years back, and didn't train properly and was able to squeeze out the 26 but not the 13 the next day (they did a marathon and a half over 2 days). 

So, my goal is to do the 26 without wanting to weep by mile 24. 

Are you London local? 

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »
I am yes, Ealing in West London but I work in Shoreditch.

I don't think I could do 26 miles right now, to be fair, I'm not sure I've even attempted to ever walk that far.
But I'm willing to train to be able to do it by October, it will give me a good goal to work towards, I might force some people in the office to train with me.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »
Sounds good!  I have a couple of friends that have commit to the 13 and a couple for the 26. 

I will have to start walking home from work soon!    but if I can get any organize walks over the weekend where we cover more ground, (which would probably be very nice in the summer), I'll chuck you a message. 

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »
Sounds good!  I have a couple of friends that have commit to the 13 and a couple for the 26. 

I will have to start walking home from work soon!    but if I can get any organize walks over the weekend where we cover more ground, (which would probably be very nice in the summer), I'll chuck you a message. 

Cool, I'll be up for that :)

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »
And thank you RBS, all signed up!

Any other London locals care to do the 13 or the 26?  I'll do my best to actually organize training walks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab