Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Five Books  (Read 4193 times)

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Re: Five Books
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »
All of the above, from Powell's in Portland

Powell's! We're going to Portland in Thanksgiving and I'm torn between go (awesome store!) and stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away (BF has far too many books* as it is, and we only have so much luggage room on the way home).

*For the size of our flat, not as a general concept.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
Powell's! We're going to Portland in Thanksgiving and I'm torn between go (awesome store!) and stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away (BF has far too many books* as it is, and we only have so much luggage room on the way home).

*For the size of our flat, not as a general concept.

Go go go! It's amazing. So many floors and nooks and crannies of books! Go if only for the tourist attraction. I could have spent hours in there.

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
Go go go! It's amazing. So many floors and nooks and crannies of books! Go if only for the tourist attraction. I could have spent hours in there.

I was amazed when the fantasy section alone was about the size of some bookstores I've been in. Drool. May have to go, just so that BF can say he's seen it. :)
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »

The Book I'm Currently Reading:

I just started 'Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman' last night which I got at my shop.  I wanted something light. 

The Last Book I Finished:

'Persuasion'.  As a read, I think 'Pride and Prejudice' is more entertaining, but I still liked it.  Laughed out loud at some of the things Mary's character said.  Jane Austen does have a sense of humour!

The Next Book I Want to Read:

'Meditation for Dummies'.  I think it would be really good for me to start meditating.

The Last Book I Bought:

'The Art of Pilgrimage' by Phil Cousineau.  I've read it before.  It was one of my favorites (gave away all but my music books when I moved to the UK), and I recently bought it again from Amazon.

The Last Book I Was Given:

It's called something like 'Feng Shui the Art of Sacred Space' by Denise Linn.  One of the volunteers at my shop was finished with it and gave it to me, but this was way back in winter.  Nobody's given me any books since then!
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab