Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London Area Book Club - 25 June 2011  (Read 2260 times)

• Liked: 0
London Area Book Club - 25 June 2011
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »
The next meeting of the London Area Book Club will be on 15:00 on 25 June, 2011 at the Tide Tables Cafe in Richmond.  The Tide Tables Cafe is in a gorgeous location, right by the Thames and the Richmond Bridge.

We will be discussing The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon.
Christopher is an intelligent youth who lives in the functional hinterland of autism--every day is an investigation for him because of all the aspects of human life that he does not quite get. When the dog next door is killed with a garden fork, Christopher becomes quietly persistent in his desire to find out what has happened and tugs away at the world around him until a lot of secrets unravel messily.
[smiley=book.gif] [smiley=book.gif] [smiley=book.gif]
Feel free to PM for more information.  Don't be shy!  This book club was founded as an opportunity to get out and be social.  Everyone is welcome, so if you are new in town, or if you have been here for yonks, and just want to meet some new friends, please come join us.   ;D

“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

Re: London Area Book Club - 25 June 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »
Bumping as a reminder.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions or would like my mobile number for contact on the day.   :)
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

Re: London Area Book Club - 25 June 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »
I will be there! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab