Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 24 Hour Gyms? In Leeds?  (Read 4132 times)

• Liked: 0
24 Hour Gyms? In Leeds?
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:18:48 AM »
I am moving to Leeds in a week and in search of a gym that has extended hours/24 hours. I love being able to work out real early in the AM (before the kids wake up) and I know the stress of moving (not to mention the new food and beer choices) will add to my waistline if I don't workout soon after I move >:(. Any recommendations?
applied for spousal visa: 13/5/2011
Visa approved: 25/5/2011
Leeds bound 13/06/2011

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: 24 Hour Gyms? In Leeds?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:53:42 AM »
Yes - I'm aware of at least two:

http://www.puregym.com/gyms/leeds
(That one is right by the Corn Exchange.  I think membership is about £17 monthly, but with no contract.  You can get a day pass for £6.)

http://www.thegymgroup.com/gyms/leeds/
(Right on The Headrow. Membership £16 monthly, also no contract.)

Both of these have opened within the past year, and so it seems that the 24/7, low cost, no contract gym concept has started to take off here.  Both in city centre.  They have promoted themselves as 'no frills' - but Pure Gym does have a few classes, not sure about The Gym.  They don't have swimming pools, hot tubs or saunas.  It's gym equipment, locker rooms & showers - so basic that way.  Also, I do not believe that they have full staff around 24/7 - they are securely locked during off-hours & access is with a key card & there are (I think) CCTV cams & such as part of their security during the wee hours.

A couple of my work friends belonged to Pure Gym at one time & I think they liked it.  It started first, then The Gym opened to slightly price undercut Pure Gym, but there's not much in it - meaning £1 cheaper per month is not really a big deal, IMO.

The great thing is you could try it & if you don't like it - well there's no contract.  :)

ETA - Oh yeah, I meant to add, there might be other options out in the 'burbs somewhere, but I'm not aware of any specifically - doesn't mean there aren't any out there.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:10:08 PM by Mrs Robinson »
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Liked: 0
Re: 24 Hour Gyms? In Leeds?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »
Thanks for all the info Mrs. R! They look like what I'm looking for.
applied for spousal visa: 13/5/2011
Visa approved: 25/5/2011
Leeds bound 13/06/2011

Sponsored Links