Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advice for those who have just arrived on a spousal visa  (Read 56232 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Advice for those who have just arrived on a spousal visa
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »
Just curious, have stated from the off that on child & working tax that my husband is on a spouse visa, how do i know if they are only giving me money to just me and my 2 kids?

Did you make a single claim or a joint claim.  You are allowed to claim tax credits jointly if he is on a spouse visa.

Love pads x

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
I might have missed it but could advice be given for someone after they arrive with an ILE instead of the ILR route? I know to register with a doctor and husband has his ancient NI number.

I haven't decided on citizenship yet.

Thanks.

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
We finally received my husbands passport with the visa today after a long 4 months of torture.

So I have a few questions and I apologies is these have been asked many times before.

Firstly he said there is no errors in the visa, but I says under dependants 0.  We have a son but he is a UK citizen with his own passport.  Am I right in thinking the 0 is correct as he is not part of the spouse visa?

Second I understand my husband cant travel via Ireland but the next cheapest flight goes Boston - Iceland - Glasgow would this be ok?  Or does it have to be Boston - direct to UK airport?

THanks

• Liked: 6
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:30 PM »
We finally received my husbands passport with the visa today after a long 4 months of torture.

So I have a few questions and I apologies is these have been asked many times before.

Firstly he said there is no errors in the visa, but I says under dependants 0.  We have a son but he is a UK citizen with his own passport.  Am I right in thinking the 0 is correct as he is not part of the spouse visa?

Second I understand my husband cant travel via Ireland but the next cheapest flight goes Boston - Iceland - Glasgow would this be ok?  Or does it have to be Boston - direct to UK airport?

THanks

Yeah, 0 dependants is right.

Via Iceland is fine too!

• My Life With Andrew
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
 [smiley=curtain.gif]
Thanks to all for this information.
After 2 months of settling in, time to get busy again.
Seems as if this process is neverending.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:35:19 AM by MissingAndrew »
Met On-line - March 2008
Met In Real Life - October 2008
Married - December 11, 2010
Mailed In Visa Application - August 12, 2011
Received Visa -  August 26, 1011
Arrived in UK - September 14, 2011
http://mylifewithandrew.wordpress.com/

• Liked: 7
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
I might have missed it but could advice be given for someone after they arrive with an ILE instead of the ILR route? I know to register with a doctor and husband has his ancient NI number.

I haven't decided on citizenship yet.

Thanks.

Well, you don't need to worry about your visa expiry date or public funds, but other than that everything else in the list applies.

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
Well, you don't need to worry about your visa expiry date or public funds, but other than that everything else in the list applies.

Thanks.

• Home for good!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
Blahblah, The list that is on the first page of this thread has very little to do with your situation.
•   DON’T enter via Ireland on your first trip to the UK after you get the visa.  You need to ensure your visa gets “activated” by a UK entry stamp. 
Good idea for anyone entering on ANY visa
•   DO get the names of both you and your partner added to the council tax and all utility bills as quickly as possible.
Coming in on an ILE, you won't be required to collect this info.  However, you will find that it makes easier for you to get a mobile phone, bank account and other such things
•   DON’T sign up for paperless billing or online-only bank accounts – you need a paper trail for ILR.  Being green will have to wait.
•   DO know when your visa expires and when you are eligible for ILR.  Sounds obvious but we have seen several people who forgot their expiry date and overstayed!
Doesn't apply to you as you already have ILE.  As long as you don't leave the UK for more than two years, you've got nothing to worry about. 
•   DO ensure you are paying the right amount of taxes if you are working.  If you are self employed, register with HMRC.   They will check if you have been paying the correct taxes when you apply for Citizenship.
This is sound advice for those that work.  I believe from reading previous posts, this doesn't apply to you.
•   DO repay any money you owe to the NHS.  If you don’t, they will catch you when you apply for ILR.
•       DO keep hold of any payslips for you and your partner, and any other proof of employment.
•   DON’T leave taking the Life in the UK test to the last minute.  The test is simple but there is a lot of information to memorise, plus it can be hard to get a test appointment at short notice.
Again, this doesn't apply to you as you already have ILE
•   DO read up on the residence requirements for Citizenship, to ensure you don’t spend too many days out of the UK.
•   DO think about who might be your Citizenship referees
•   DO start saving up for the ILR and Citizenship fees.   The total price of ILR + Citizenship is currently £1900 and goes up approx £200 every 6 months.
If you're not going to go for citizenship, then this is all moot for you.  However, I would keep my options open if I were you.  It won't hurt to be prepared just in case
•   DO know what counts as “public funds” and what doesn’t.   Take extreme care if your partner/children are applying for or receiving benefits as most DWP employees don’t know the rules for persons under immigration control.
As an ILE holder, you are entitled to public funds.

Over all I would say there is very little on this list that would apply in your case.  As an ILE holder, I would advise you to not stress unduly about what is required.  Very little is.  Concentrate on the move itself, setting up a home, registering with a GP and opening a bank account.
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR
15 Mar 2010 filed for ILR based on bereaved partner
02 Jul 2010 Received ILR!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »
Thanks Lisa! I knew there weren't many have-tos so I was wanting to be sure of what would make things easier and this helps.

Yes indeed, I do need to dismiss this and just deal with the rest. It is hard not knowing some things for sure (like how fast I can get a functional home and what carers will be like and hoping I have mobility in my new town) but these are not new issues for me and beyond the actual physical ordeal of getting there, I am SO very happy about being there! I have loved Britain all of my life and I am very, very grateful for my ILE.

You helped with this!

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2011, 01:15:11 PM »
Any update on when you will be moving love x :)

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
Any update on when you will be moving love x :)

Hi fellow supporter of mine!

Looks like April but not sure flying date yet. I'd love to just get it over with and start adapting!

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
Hope its soon if you can it might be better to enter before april, although most of the changes won't apply to you there is no telling at the moment whether they are going to increase the citizen waiting time.

Love pads x

• Liked: 1
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
I am applying for flrm I don't see anywhere to pay on line do I send check with my paperwork ? I am confused ? I will send with conformation from po so I know they get it then they will email me for biometrics ? Im in Glasgow

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
I am applying for flrm I don't see anywhere to pay on line do I send check with my paperwork ? I am confused ? I will send with conformation from po so I know they get it then they will email me for biometrics ? Im in Glasgow

You can only pay online if you fill out the interactive form (https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=confirmAndDownload&com.sun.faces.portlet.CLEAR_STATE=true&_nfls=false&formId=FLRM&rpl=formList).

If you are just printing out the form and filling it out by hand, then you cannot pay online and you'll need to send a cheque/postal order/your account details (whatever they say is suitable).

For biometrics, you will receive a letter in the post a few weeks after they receive your application inviting you to book a biometrics appointment.

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:39 PM »
Blahblah, The list that is on the first page of this thread has very little to do with your situation.Good idea for anyone entering on ANY visaComing in on an ILE, you won't be required to collect this info.  However, you will find that it makes easier for you to get a mobile phone, bank account and other such thingsDoesn't apply to you as you already have ILE.  As long as you don't leave the UK for more than two years, you've got nothing to worry about.  This is sound advice for those that work.  I believe from reading previous posts, this doesn't apply to you.Again, this doesn't apply to you as you already have ILEIf you're not going to go for citizenship, then this is all moot for you.  However, I would keep my options open if I were you.  It won't hurt to be prepared just in caseAs an ILE holder, you are entitled to public funds.

Over all I would say there is very little on this list that would apply in your case.  As an ILE holder, I would advise you to not stress unduly about what is required.  Very little is.  Concentrate on the move itself, setting up a home, registering with a GP and opening a bank account.

Just wanted to make a remark and confirm this person is correct about NOT going through Ireland - My daughter is doing a ''Study Abroad'' next year in England and there is a BIG disclaimer saying DO NOT GO THROUGH IRELAND! I haven't read the specifics yet (and never intended to go through Ireland), but something to do with the stamp I think. Read up! :-)
March 19th, 2013  Online Spouse Settlement App (regular processing)
March 22nd, 2013  Biometrics
March 28th, 2013  Sent priority mail to NY Hub
April 2nd, 2013 Rec'd NY Hub (Easter Holiday)
April 11th, 2013 Notification of receipt in Sheffield
April 16th, 2013 Request from Sheffield to scan and email more information (forgotten bank statements and letter from employer)
April 17th, 2013 Emailed requested documents
April 19th, 2013 ''A Decision has been made...'' email with UPS tracking to show an April 22nd delivery

Sponsored Links