Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: working on the internet  (Read 34546 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Advisory: working on the internet
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
Thanks. Have also written to HMRC and asked.

That's very sensible. You will hear back from them but in my experience, it'll take 2 months plus, to get your reply.

• Liked: 674
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
That should be just about right, then, since they can't hire me until Aug 1.  ;D

• Liked: 674
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »
Already posted this elsewhere on the board, but what HMRC said (and I have the transcript of the chat) is that I would need to set up to pay both parts of the tax contribution, and the national health contribution, and they sent a link to how to do that. No need to set up as "independent contractor/business" since I would not be one. I would report any income as "foreign income" when tax time rolled around.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
Already posted this elsewhere on the board, but what HMRC said (and I have the transcript of the chat) is that I would need to set up to pay both parts of the tax contribution, and the national health contribution, and they sent a link to how to do that. No need to set up as "independent contractor/business" since I would not be one. I would report any income as "foreign income" when tax time rolled around.

Except that those using EU rules to be in the UK, can't buy the UK's IHS. Only those with a UK immigration rules  "visa" of more than 6 months, can buy the IHS. Many have asked about buying this as it is cheaper than buying  private health insurance, but the IHS is not a stand-alone product as it is part of the UK visa process.

Under present EU rules you either need your CSIs as a Self Sufficient, or if the UK say you are a worker (PAYE or Self emplioyed) as you have met the requirement to be a worker qualifed person in the UK, then under the EU's Directive, the UK must pay for your healthcare and that of your daughter as she is in the UK as your direct family member.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:23:50 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 05:24:35 PM »
Except that those using EU rules to be in the UK, can't buy the UK's IHS. Only those with a UK immigration rules  "visa" of more than 6 months, can buy the IHS. Many have asked about buying this as it is cheaper than buying  private health insurance, but the IHS is not a stand-alone product as it is part of the UK visa process.

Under present EU rules you either need your CSIs as a Self Sufficient, or if the UK say you are a worker (PAYE or Self emplioyed) as you have met the requirement to be a worker qualifed person in the UK, then under the EU's Directive, the UK must pay for your healthcare and that of your daughter as she is in the UK as your direct family member.

I think Nan may be talking about National Insurance contributions.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »
I think Nan may be talking about National Insurance contributions.

Yep, NICs make more sense than the national health contribution.  ;D

• Liked: 16
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2017, 04:27:07 AM »
I'm worried/confused about this re: my spousal visa application...

I was unaware of this policy, and obtained work as an independent contractor with a company teaching ESL to Chinese children online (paid in USD) while visiting my husband in England this summer.

Is there a need to indicate this in our application at all? My husband meets the financial requirement through category A, so presumably my income has nothing to do with our eligibility. However, the online application does require information about my employment, and I'm unsure how to fill that out without A) lying or B) indicating that I was working while on a tourist visa in the UK.

I do still work for this company (I'm now in the States, gathering together all our application materials and preparing to send them), but since I am considered self-employed...I am simply flummoxed about how to address this!

Anyone have advice?

Many thanks!
Met: March 2014
Married: May 9, 2016
Submitted application online: September 20, 2017
Biometrics: September 21, 2017
Package sent via UPS: September 21, 2017
Email from Sheffield (online application received): 9/22/2017
UPS tracking says package received in Sheffield: 9/25/2017
Decision email from UKVI: 10/1/2017
Visa approved!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2017, 06:50:36 PM »
Sorry, I don't have any advice, but you might want to post this onto the actual Visa board rather than here and the other place you posted it as your asking a visa related question. There's a lot more traffic there.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 16
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »
Thanks! I posted it there this morning; hopefully someone has some insight :)
Met: March 2014
Married: May 9, 2016
Submitted application online: September 20, 2017
Biometrics: September 21, 2017
Package sent via UPS: September 21, 2017
Email from Sheffield (online application received): 9/22/2017
UPS tracking says package received in Sheffield: 9/25/2017
Decision email from UKVI: 10/1/2017
Visa approved!

Sponsored Links