Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Location of Animal Reception Centre at Heathrow?  (Read 4222 times)

• Liked: 0
Location of Animal Reception Centre at Heathrow?
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »
Hi everyone!  Due to fly out from Dulles to Heathrow with my dog in just 5 days, on July 11.  My wife says I will be flying into Terminal 5 at Heathrow (via British Airways).  She says she thinks the Animal Reception Centre is near Terminal 4, but that there's a bridge and other issues which make getting from the one to the other complicated.

Is there any kind person who can give me an overview of how to get from where I will be arriving to the Animal Reception Centre, and also a more detailed "turn right here, turn left there" type description?

Cheers!
~Teddy
In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.  ~The Beatles

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Re: Location of Animal Reception Centre at Heathrow?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
I didn't go from Terminal 5 (I was already here so we drove straight to the ARC). It was quite easy to find, though, and well-signed. I seem to remember getting directions on the phone from someone, though I can't remember if that was James Cargo or someone from DEFRA.

Sorry that doesn't help much, but you ought to be able to phone up DEFRA to get detailed directions.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• UF College of Vet Med Class of 2010!!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
Driving directions to Heathrow Animal Reception Centre

Terminal 5
1. Head south on Walrus Rd toward Wallis Rd   
0.2 mi
2. Slight right onto Wallis Rd   
92 ft
3. Take the 1st left onto Whittle Rd   
171 ft
4. Turn right to stay on Whittle Rd   
285 ft
5. Turn left onto Western Perimeter Rd   
0.6 mi
6. At Western Perimeter Rd Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Southern Perimeter Rd   
1.6 mi
7. At Beacon Roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Beacon Rd   
0.1 mi
8. At the traffic circle, take the 5th exit onto Sanctuary Rd
Destination will be on the right
0.1 mi

Heathrow Animal Reception Centre
Beacon Rd
London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3JF, United Kingdom
"Treat for the treatable" - Uncle Mikey's Maxim # 1

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
...and dont be concerned about the look of the place.   They take much better care of the animals than the sofas :)

• British by descent
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »
...and dont be concerned about the look of the place.   They take much better care of the animals than the sofas :)

Haha, yes! They did at least have a/c, which was a welcome discovery on an unseasonably warm April day.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »
Thank you so much to Reinadeluz for the detailed instructions to ARC, and to the rest of ya nutters for a chuckle about the sofas at ARC!  :-)  Definitely NEEDED the chuckle!  Can't wait to collapse on raggedy sofas at ARC!

Furiously STILL packing with just 4 days to go, and I know I'm going to need 1 to 2 more suitcases!!!!!!  USDA appointment tomorrow (Friday) morning at 9am.  Tick/tapeworm treatment on Sunday at 8:20pm.  Flight departs Dulles at 8:45pm on Monday.  Will hopefully arrive to a beautiful Tuesday morning in London!  :-)  And may that cursed volcano in Iceland behave itself!  :-P

My wife is getting a hire care to pick up me, dog, and luggage ... 5 pieces so far, but that's counting my saxophone.  She's getting an estate car, which best as I can figure, is the US equivalent of a station wagon of some sort.  So should be no problem, especially if we disassemble the dog crate once we get my dog!

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks!

~Teddy

In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.  ~The Beatles

• British by descent
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
Tick/tapeworm treatment on Sunday at 8:20pm.  Flight departs Dulles at 8:45pm on Monday.  Will hopefully arrive to a beautiful Tuesday morning in London!  :-)  And may that cursed volcano in Iceland behave itself!  :-P

When are you taking your dog to the World Cargo center? I had to have my tick/tapeworm done at least 24 hours before check-in, which was 4 hours before take-off (so 4:45 in your case).

Also, I just left my dog's crate at the ARC, so that's an option if you're interested. I had the great-dane sized crate, so there was no way 1) it would fit in my cousin's teeny car 2) I would have any use for it unless/until I put him on a plane again. I'm guessing the ARC recycles or resells them.

• UF College of Vet Med Class of 2010!!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
Haha, yes! They did at least have a/c, which was a welcome discovery on an unseasonably warm April day.

I don't remember a single thing about the ARC except the AC! I was still a bit high on the anti-anxiety meds I had to chug before getting on the plane. :-/
"Treat for the treatable" - Uncle Mikey's Maxim # 1

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
Yes teddy Our estate cars are the equivalent of a station wagon though according to my daughter in law they are not as high so it might be better to leave the dog crate behind it might not fit in if its tall.

So glad you are bringing your dog with you though I couldn't bear to be seperated from mine I love the silly thing to death lol

good luck with the move x

Sponsored Links