Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Car Insurance Prices  (Read 939 times)

• Relio
  • Liked: 0
Car Insurance Prices
« on: September 05, 2004, 02:21:58 AM »
I was just looking on the web for a cheap car, so I'm not stranded when I arrive there .. I found a nice rover for 2K .. wich is good nought to get me going

then I decided to get some online quotes ..and for 3rd party coverage I get a quote for 700£ ???

This was for the swansea area .. is this right ? .. that's as much as a pay for full coverage in the US

Null
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and it's all organized by the Swiss.  Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it's all organized by the Italians."

Re: Car Insurance Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 08:16:59 AM »
It depends on many factors,post code,age, experience,car group etc.Also for each year you drive without a claim you get a bonus reduction,up to 70% some insurers are offering.
I drive a 3 year old Mazda Premacy,and fully comp for the bride and I,with protected no claims bonus and breakdown assistance costs about £350 per year.

Dave
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 08:19:58 AM by Daver »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 11:14:25 PM »
Yes - NullMind - I'm afraid you won't be able to get a  regular "no claim bonus" or "no claim discount" since you won't have a proven 3 or 4 years of UK driving without claims. *However* some of the insurers will listen to your good record and give you an "introductory bonus" that may be as good ... at least, we've had that happen.  Standard on line forms will not offer you bonuses like this - you need to get on the phone and speak with the insurers. Looking at some of your posts, I think you're used to selling yourself ;)
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• Relio
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 01:00:26 AM »
I think you're used to selling yourself ;)

I'm a goddamm natural born salesman  ;D
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and it's all organized by the Swiss.  Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it's all organized by the Italians."

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 03:54:01 PM »
I had good luck with Tesco Insurance Online.  They gave me 5 years no claims w/o any hassle whatsoever.  I had just moved to the UK so this was based on documentation from the US (I made sure to have a letter from my car insurance as well as documentation of no offenses from the Registery of Motor Vehicles in the States (in my case, MA).  Didn't need to talk to anyone, just sent in all my documentation.  All this with a US driving licence too! :-)

• Relio
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 04:42:20 PM »
Well, I did an online quote thing, but I was suprised that for a 97 rover, just regular (not compreensive) insurance I got quoted 700£+ in the Swansea area

That sounded way too high, and I even put in as been a safe driver with no accidents and drivers license for over 9 years :p

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 05:30:15 PM »
I was given a precursory 2 years no claim when I first got here at £295 (using my US license).  Now 4 years on (and 4 yrs no-claim) mine is £233 for 3rd party for my 96 Honda. I would definitely shop around!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab