Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: worried about my kitty!  (Read 1796 times)

• Liked: 5
worried about my kitty!
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:23 AM »
My kitty has this long stringy thing coming out his rectum. i am really really worried... its after hours here so i cant call my vet..and besides i dont even have the money to take him into the vet if they wanted that....

what in the world can the string be?  i dont think he ate anything that i am not aware of..... but i am worried... he is only 10 weeks old and is meowing like crazy. i pulled on the string but it didnt come out. i didnt want to pull harder for fear of hurting him.. i hope whatever it is...will be pooped out!
live, love, laugh

Jan 2013 - Tier 4  Student Visa
Mar 2015 - Met Him
Dec 2015 - Engaged
April 8 2016- Wedding
April 11 2016- FLR (M) -Sheffield

Re: worried about my kitty!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 02:28:23 AM »
First reaction would say tapeworms but they would break if you pulled on them.....apparently the kitty swallowed some string or something...I know my cats get into everything and I have to really watch them.  Sorry if I am not much help and maybe someone will come along who knows more than me lol but it might be awhile as it is 2:30 am here in the UK...hope the kitty will be okay!!!!!  Take care

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »
My guess would be that he ate something while you weren't looking and, chances are, he'll poop it out. Has that happened yet? Whatever you do, don't pull on it. If it's a piece of string or ribbon, it could really damage him. If it's still there, I'd phone your vet as soon as possible and explain it to them. Perhaps they could help you over the phone. Good luck!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Coming full circle....
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 10:58:32 AM »
Has kitty had any shots or treated by a vet, either before or since you got him? Maybe the local RSPCA can help?

• Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
thanks he did poop it out this morning. i called the vet and they do want me to bring him in but i honestly can not do that right now. so hopefully he will be alright i already have an appointment set for him on the 15.

and yes he has had his shots... i been going through the process for PETS so his shots and stuff are current
live, love, laugh

Jan 2013 - Tier 4  Student Visa
Mar 2015 - Met Him
Dec 2015 - Engaged
April 8 2016- Wedding
April 11 2016- FLR (M) -Sheffield

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »
I'm glad it's out!  :)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:43:26 PM »
My kitty once ate some of the Christmas tinsel off the xmas tree. It wouldn't come out all the way and it was hanging out of his rear as he walked around the house. I did end up pulling it out and he was ok after that. I was only a teenager at the time, so I didn't realize that I shouldn't have done that, but luckily it all worked out. It was pretty gross too! I think it traumatized me! :D

Sponsored Links