Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: i love my kitty ....but......  (Read 2554 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: i love my kitty ....but......
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »
My cat is absolutely banned from my room at night! Too many four point landings on my head with all claws extended  >:( Or else its the tromping across the belly and then standing on the face while he purrs loudly and drools. Heck, if he'd just sleep nicely on the foot of the bed that would be fine.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Liked: 5
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 02:36:40 PM »
My cat is absolutely banned from my room at night! Too many four point landings on my head with all claws extended  >:( Or else its the tromping across the belly and then standing on the face while he purrs loudly and drools. Heck, if he'd just sleep nicely on the foot of the bed that would be fine.

lol last night i woke up with a paw on my face... and i said to myself...maybe this wasnt a good idea to allow this lol
live, love, laugh

Jan 2013 - Tier 4  Student Visa
Mar 2015 - Met Him
Dec 2015 - Engaged
April 8 2016- Wedding
April 11 2016- FLR (M) -Sheffield

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
Our old cat Widgie used to sleep on the foot of the bed -- until the first baby arrived. She objected to her bed-mates leaping out of bed several times a night, I guess.
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Liked: 5
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
My DH would have loads to say about this thread and he's the one who insists that the cat not be allowed in the bedroom at any point in the night.  Milou will always manage to wake him up no matter where the cat is on the bed.  Nearly every night we bring the cat inside, but leave a window open so he can go out it he wants.  Then...after he's either brought in a mouse or disemboweled it on our bathroom floor, he'll climb the stairs and walk on one or both of our heads then try to snuggle in between us, though on top of the covers.  So...the bedroom door is now shut at all times.  He used to whine and cry, but after a couple of days (and earplugs in my ears) he finally quit and understood that we meant business. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »
I had a cat that was easily trained to sleep on the old towel at the foot of the bed.  Every two days, I switched the towel out for a clean one.. thereby avoiding hair flying on my bed.  I used words and hand motions to tell her to get on her towel.  I told her-- Go to bed and pointed to her towel and she would.  If she didn't, she got put out of the room.  She learned really quickly to sleep on the towel.

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »
We had to kick the kitties out because they think 3am is a good time to go crazy and run around the house in one of their protracted races/wrestling matches and apparently you get extra points for racing across the bed and bouncing off of the walls. Then they figured out that if they paw at the door when they want attention, they can wake us up (though the attention they got may not have been the attention they wanted).  We ordered a battery powered floor mat from the US that gives off a very very small zap if you touch the wires.  It took them about five seconds to learn not to walk on the mat and now we sleep through the night.

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »
 We ordered a battery powered floor mat from the US that gives off a very very small zap if you touch the wires.  It took them about five seconds to learn not to walk on the mat and now we sleep through the night.
Wow, didn't know such a thing existed!  
Maxwell usually sleeps with DS -- sometimes under the covers. It's a little like Russian roulette as sometimes he's polite but other times he'd just as happily bite your arm off! And he has very very long claws which we try to keep trimmed.  M. has also torn the bottom lining off the bed and crawls up inside.  :P
I blame DS for this behaviour.  
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• I'm the Brit half...
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 09:08:06 AM »
Aww, my cats start upstairs at bedtime and then come 2am they are put downstairs in the kitchen!

Often they are good Kitties, my oldest sleeps on top of the wardrobe and my new kitten (now 4 month old) sleeps where ever he falls. However, I often need to go to the bathroom in the night, it disturbs one who in turn distrubs the other who then generally decides it's a good time to poke me in the face, attack our feet, dive on the bed or chase a piece of paper/battery/pen or whatever happens to be on the floor at the time :o ;D

So generally it's a 'grrrr' and take them downstairs, close the door and then hear 'scratch meow scratch meow' for an hour or so...

I love them loads really!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilywren/6566083019/]

(I'm Lily Wren btw ;) )
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:24:13 AM by rosiebee »
2nd April 2011 - married in MN, USA
7th April 2011 - Applied online for Spouse Visa
11th April 2011 - Spouse visa issued
12th May 2011 - Hubby home :)
22nd June 2013 - ILR :) :)

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
aww what cute photo's we have a tabby cat just like yours she is also our oldest one she is getting on a bit now about 12 we think, but she is still top cat both our other cats do as they are told are else lol x

• Liked: 63
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »
Our little Vadio puts us to bed, but goes to her room after the lights are out. Our little Philip (lost to cancer and CRF in May) slept on the bed, and on very cold nights wanted to be under the covers.

Philip was a very vocal alpha cat and the reason we got a king size bed!
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab