Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Discretionary leave to remain time scale  (Read 12081 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Discretionary leave to remain time scale
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »
Lol :-))

Oki doki :-)

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »
Still, a short visit to the US (3 weeks max) could get him a Spouse Visa...or live in limbo for a year or more and spend way much more money doing it...your choice. You can always accompany him back to the States to do the visa process...think of it as a nice holiday with side benefits.

Highly unlikely your scenario will pan out...but I wish you luck.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 11:53:50 PM »
Been lurking for a while, but wanted to say sorry for your loss and best of luck with whatever decision you make.

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2011, 08:00:57 AM »
Thankyou xx

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2015, 01:01:19 PM »
Hi all ,

I wanted to reply on here as I have just found this thread which I wrote years ago and realised I never let anyone know the outcome

Please be kind to me.

Firstly we applied using FLR(m) and my husband was granted 3 years DLR on the grounds that we had a right to family life, he was given recourse to public funds and the option to extend his stay after the 3 years.

I continued to work self employed and I still do now. My husband got a job as soon as his visa came thru. He worked for just over a year changing then to a job which was night shift. This wasn't a good thing and he became very unwell which resulted in him being hospitalised and diagnosed here with bipolar. It was at this point he was assigned a cpn and for almost 2 years he was under their care. We have had a very tough few months but my husband is now on meds and he went back to college to study painting and decorating. He did end up claiming ESA and pip as we were told he was allowed to and it looked bad if we didn't when we have 3 kids to support. We have a 2.5 year old son now as well.

I guess we were very lucky in the sense that we got what we wanted with his visa and he never had to go back to the USA . He still hasn't been back to this day .

X

Sponsored Links