Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need help finding a job can anyone help me?  (Read 1028 times)

• Liked: 0
Need help finding a job can anyone help me?
« on: April 17, 2003, 02:25:57 AM »
Hello I have just recently moved here from Knoxville, Tennessee and my wife to be is from here.  She has been searching for a job for the last few weeks with no results.  She has tried all of the temp agencies.  She has a B.S. in Social Services. She is looking for work in the following fields:  Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, or Social Services related type of work mainly working with children.  We live in Dagenham so we would love to find something in London that is close to where we live if not she would love to find something that paid at least £10 per hour to supplement the travel expense.  If anyone can help she would be greatly appreciative.  
Thank you ,
               Quentin Bailey
Quentin

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
Re: Need help finding a job can anyone help me?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 05:50:26 PM »
The job market does seem to be a bit sluggish lately.  :(  

I'm sure your wife to be will persevere and find something soon enough tho.  :)

How are you finding England as opposed to life in Knoxville?
wench
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 05:51:54 PM by wench »
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 07:45:30 PM »
thank you for the nice words.  It seems that life here is not for me , I am already planning on going home and I am taking my wife to be with me.  We have had nothing but problems since we have been here.  Im sure that England is a fine place, but there is no place like home.  The job market is horrible and a lost cause here , I am so glad that I had the opportunity to see England and some of its rich culture.  
Quentin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 11:36:02 PM »
How long have you been here, Mr Freeze?

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 12:30:12 AM »
I have only been here for 3 weeks but things are becoming really tight financially for us.  I do like England and my wife to be would prefer to stay here , but the present job situation is horrible and is practically forcing us to have to relocate.  
Quentin

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 06:16:18 PM »
I hope that you dont take this as a criticism, but Mr Freeze... if you've only been here 3 weeks, and already thinking about leaving, you're not really giving it a fair chance.

Hope things start looking up for you soon.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 11:55:22 PM »
I dont think that its that im not giving it a chance , its the fact that we are in a financial bind because of the lousy employment situation here in England.  I can not work because we are not married now and I will not be able to do so for sometime after we are married because of the processing of my visa.  My wife to be has been doing all that she can to find work without any success or any real leads.  The only other option that we are really going to have is to move home.  We are going to be here until we are married which is in early May.  She knows from being here her entire life that things are not going to get any better with the current job situation any time soon.  Thats just how things are here. Its nothing personal with the people of England.  My wife lost here job because of cut backs shortly after my arrival here.
Quentin

Sponsored Links