Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fitness partner?  (Read 2690 times)

• Liked: 0
Fitness partner?
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
Hi I'm Cat (27/F) from New York... I'm looking for a walking or slow running partner to join me 1 - 3 weekdays a week for the month.  I have gained some weight recently and need some help with motivation.  Am a member of Gainsborough Fitness in Islington and tend to walk/run the canal near there, but I am willing to travel.

Anyone interested?

Re: Fitness partner?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »
Hi I'm Cat (27/F) from New York... I'm looking for a walking or slow running partner to join me 1 - 3 weekdays a week for the month.  I have gained some weight recently and need some help with motivation.  Am a member of Gainsborough Fitness in Islington and tend to walk/run the canal near there, but I am willing to travel.

Anyone interested?

Hi Cat, I don't live in Islington, but would be interested in having a fitness partner- I'll send you a message!
LLR Oct 2009, ILR Nov 2011, Citizen June 2013
DH's Greencard May 2013- back in the USA Aug 2013!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
Sounds great!  As I said I'm willing to travel some... exercise is much more fun if you are suffering with someone else!  :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
Dh says if I had a workout partner I wouldn't have lost the amount of weight I have lost nearly 7 stone but my jaw would have got one heck of a work out though lol he says I'm a bit of Chatty Cathy lol. ;) :D As long as I have my Ipod & armband an its charged up I'm good to go. ;)  :) Glad you found a fitness partner. ;D  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
I think the real weightloss is done through diet and hard work on your own (I used to be 200lbs and am 148lbs now), but I've lost my motivation and I'm hoping that meeting up with someone else will get me going again. 

I want to lose another 18lbs and I'm hoping to do it before my wedding on March 13th.

;D

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »
I think the real weightloss is done through diet and hard work on your own (I used to be 200lbs and am 148lbs now), but I've lost my motivation and I'm hoping that meeting up with someone else will get me going again. 

I want to lose another 18lbs and I'm hoping to do it before my wedding on March 13th.

;D
That's awesome! I am around the same weight and would like to be around 135- though I would settle for a few less pounds and just feeling active & healthy again!

Dh says if I had a workout partner I wouldn't have lost the amount of weight I have lost nearly 7 stone but my jaw would have got one heck of a work out though lol he says I'm a bit of Chatty Cathy lol. ;) :D
This made me giggle!  ;D
LLR Oct 2009, ILR Nov 2011, Citizen June 2013
DH's Greencard May 2013- back in the USA Aug 2013!

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »

When I was at my heaviest I was pushing 300lbs I did lose my weight through a heck alot of exercising, portion control, following the LO GI diet, 1 cheat day a week I stuck to that like glue it gave me something to work towards & something to look forward to as well. ;)  :) Good luck with your weight loss!! [smiley=clover2.gif]  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! ;D  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
That is an awesome achievment...

I had gotten down to 140lbs, but things got a bit out of hand after Thanksgiving and I've put some back on... might be because I've been counting wine as fruit juice. haha ;)

I'm think allowing myself a cheat a week is good - will most likely be indian takeaway or chocolate cake.

YUM CAKE!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »
That is an awesome achievment...

I had gotten down to 140lbs, but things got a bit out of hand after Thanksgiving and I've put some back on... might be because I've been counting wine as fruit juice. haha ;)

I'm think allowing myself a cheat a week is good - will most likely be indian takeaway or chocolate cake.

YUM CAKE!

Thanks!! ;) :) who doesn't like cake lol ;)  :)  My weakness is chocolate big time!! ::)  :P I know all about putting some weight back on I lost the battle myself 2 days before Christmas. but my dietitian told me to have a week of gluttony mainly cause I was plateauing big time so she figured it might shock my body back into a good rhythm. but sadly It wasn't just a single week I added a couple additional weeks to that 1 week as well then there was my Birthday then Aunt Flow showed up. ::)  :P I haven't weighed myself I can tell by my clothes they are a little snugger than they used to be. ::)  :P I don't like using the scales they do my head in big time an I cant get my head out of that mental state & poor Dh takes the brunt of annoyance of the scale so these days I try an avoid it as much as possible. ;)  :) I was so close to losing 100lbs I could taste it then I plateaued & gained some weight back on. but now I have get back on the horse an strive for that 100lb loss before we go home the end of March. ;)  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:26:38 PM by shugga »

Sponsored Links